why is my hair frizzy all of a sudden? yes we all have had this specific question once in our life, right? But why? Okay, here is the thing, Hair is hair and it does it’s own thing but you could also be the cause!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
How? glad you asked!
Why Is My Hair Frizzy All Of A Sudden? 12 Ways To Stop It Now!
Let’s have a look at some reasons that can cause you to ask yourlsef.. why is my hair frizzy all of a sudden?!
What is frizz?
Frizz occurs when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised, allowing moisture to pass through and swell the strands. As a result, your hair appears dry and frizzy instead of smooth and defined. In general, curly hair tends to have more frizz than straight hair because of dehydration in the strands, which leaves it more vulnerable to frizzing.
I Can’t Stand it, what is the cause of frizzy hair?
Okay so this is the thing, your hair gets frizzy when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised, then by that way it allows moisture to pass through and results in swelling the strands!
Then your hair will appear dry and frizzy rather than having the lovely smooth and defined look!
In this case know that something is wrong!
Your protein and moisture balance is off and that can be caused by you using too much protein without enough moisture!
Here is a draft of few other things that can cause your hair to frizz out:
- using the wrong hair styling products.
- Low reach (to the trands) of the natural hair oils that your scalp produces.
- You’re not drinking enough water, why not start now?
- Your hair is rubbing against drying materials when you sleep and i’ve talked about how to take care of your hair and how to keep your hair moisturized!
- You don’t use hair conditioners and i’m here to tell you, try them!
- You don’t deep condition your hair… girl… please.. 😉
- You’re using the wrong shampoo, and it’s drying your hair. The best shampoo for frizzy hair is sulfate-free and rich in glycerin. You can check this amazing list of great sulfate free shampoos that can help you out!
- Damage to the cuticle by chemicals from dyes or bleaches… take it easy on those ma’am!
- Too much protein or lack of protein. Yep, it’s true!
- Excessive use of blow dryers… What happened to air drying your hair once in a while?!
- Swimming in chlorinated water… okay you should be taking extra care of your strands if you do swim.
- Extreme humidity… the products bellow might help you out on this one.
Frizz seems to be the bane of every curly girl’s existence, especially in the summer months when humidity levels are higher. I am often asked about products and methods to combat frizz, so I compiled this information to help you tame your mane and get more frizz-free wear out of your styles!
With that being said let’s go into each of these 16 Powerful home remedies for frizzy curly hair and get the best out of each one of them!
- Coat your fingers with a silk/oil serum before situating curls into styles and fluffing.
- Use a bit of protein-rich conditioner, diluted with water, to refresh the areas that are most frizzy.
- If you diffuse, make sure your blow dryer is ceramic, and if you want it to be even better, choose an ionic ceramic blow dryer. Ionic dryers reduce frizz by compressing the cuticle, which locks out external moisture.
- Always sleep in satin and silk accessories, and use a satin pillowcase if you pineapple so those ends are protected.
- Make sure you are using a hydrating shampoo, alternating with a restructuring/repairing shampoo.
- Always deep condition your hair. The more hydrated it is, the longer your styles last, and frizz stays at bay. Alternate moisturizing treatment with repairing treatment.
- Try using a microfiber towel instead of regular bath towels so you do not disturb your hair’s cuticle layer after washing.
- Look for alcohol-free styling products.
- Consider use of a heat protecting leave-in, even if you aren’t planning to style with heat. Why? Because they are specifically designed to create a barrier between your hair and external elements. Heat protectants have silicones, so if you feel build-up is an issue, no worries, just use a clarifying shampoo on your next wash day.
Frizz fighting oils.
If you prefer to combat frizz without the help of styling aids, you can find products with these as key ingredients to add your regimen.
- Argan Oil seals the hair cuticle and protects it against frizz caused by external elements like humidity.
- Sunflower oil has more of a bulky structure that does not penetrate the hair shaft, but when used in products or in hot oil treatments, it can tame frizz because it contains linoleic acid, a fatty acid good for hydration.
- Olive Oil contains vitamin E, an antioxidant good for growth and moisture. Olive oil (or Olea Europaea Fruit as it’s commonly referred to) can help tame frizz as its molecular structure is small enough to penetrate strands, and it acts as an emollient to pull moisture into the hair shaft.
- Avocado oil is high in saturated fat, making its molecular structure small enough to get in the hair shaft and provide lots of moisture to strands.
How to re-moisturize old hair in 5 simple steps
Step 1: Grab your favorite moisturizer (leave in conditioner, moisturizing cream, spray mist, water).
Step 2 : Working in sections if the hair is long enough and apply moisturizer to your hair making sure to coat each strand. Then apply your favorite oil, butter to seal/lock in moisture.
Step 3: Don’t forget to moisturize your edges and ends as well so they don’t become dry and brittle which will lead to breakage!
Step 4: Start Styling using a low manipulation style! Twisting, braid or apply any protective style of your choice. You can wear the style if it’s appropriate throughout the week allowing you to retain moisture, minimize breakage and retain length due to its low manipulation.
Step 5: Always cover and protect at night with a silk or satin scarf, bonnet or pillowcase for ultimate protection.
Step 6: Apply some butter or oil to your hair to undo any style while unraveling for styling. This way, you minimize the amount of frizz and friction caused.
There you have it, Why Is My Hair Frizzy All Of A Sudden? 12 Ways To Stop It Now!
What helps you fight frizzy hair?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- Why Deep Conditioning 4c Hair Can Rock Your World!
- Natural Hair Tips For Beginners | Deep Conditioning? Start From the Bottom Up!
- Easy Diy Deep Conditioner For Low Porosity Hair
- 15 Best Diy Deep Conditioner For Damaged Hair
- 20 Insanely Amazing Deep Conditioner DIY You Have to Try Next!
- 12 Deep Conditioners for Natural Hair Under $15
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
Popular posts you might enjoy!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**