If your hair has lost its elasticity or simply feels limp then a protein treatment for curly hair is what you need my dear!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
My hair used to feel exactly how your hair feels and I tried doing protein treatments, So today I will help you choose the right one!
Before we check into the protein treatment for natural hair I want you to understand:
- What is a protein treatment?
- What is the benefit of protein treatment on natural hair?
- when to do a protein treatment on natural hair?
- What are some simple at home protein treatment for black hair?
- Is egg protein treatment for natural hair effective?
- Is homemade protein treatment for hair breakage?
- What are some of the best protein treatment for damaged hair?
- protein treatment for hair growth. Does it work?
- What are some sources of protein for intake?
21 Super-Reviving Protein Treatment for Curly Hair!
What is a protein treatment?
A protein treatment for curly hair is any type of treatment you apply externally on your hair to enhance your hair with strength. The reason you need a protein treatment for natural hair is that your hair is made of protein also known as keratin which is the key structural material making up hair.
What is the benefit of protein treatment on natural hair?
Few of the benefit of protein treatment for curly hair is the fact that they help strengthen your natural hair while they add life to your limp hair situation!
Protein treatment for natural hair rescue your hair from all that dryness you might experience.
when to do a protein treatment on natural hair?
It’s always good to know when it’s time to do a protein treatment.
Protein treatment for curly hair is advisable to be used when you experience these following symptoms:
- Low elasticity: If you try to stretch your hair while wet (or dry) and it doesn’t snap back or return to its natural state or curl pattern.
- Limp, stringy or gummy feeling when hair is wet.
- Excessive dryness and breakage.
- If your hair has recently been chemically treated or heat treated you definitely want to be on the lookout for these signs.
Protein treatment for natural hair is the best way to go about when your hair feels any of the above way.
What are some simple at home protein treatment for black hair?
This is one of m favorite protein treatment for curly hair recipe by curlmix and most of them are really simple to follow.
Quick DIY Protein Treatment
- 5 chunks of raw shea butter.
- 2 tbsp unrefined, organic coconut oil.
- 5 tbsp organic castor oil.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt.
- One tbsp raw organic honey.
- and 1 egg.
- Heat coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Heat shea butter for 1 minute and mix with coconut oil.
- Combine mixture with remaining ingredients. You can also use a blender for easier mixing.
- Apply to hair and leave on for 20 – 30 minutes with heat. 1 hour without heat.
This is to show how DIY protein treatment for natural hair can be also fun to make!
Is egg protein treatment for natural hair effective?
protein treatment for curly hair + protein treatment for natural hair
Is homemade protein treatment for hair breakage?
If you think about it our hair is made of protein and when you manipulate is with different styling choices, heat and so on protein treatment for curly hair turns to become a life-saving option for your hair!
Homemade protein treatment for natural hair works great and I love the fact that you are the one making them so you know exactly what’s in there!
What are some of the best protein treatment for damaged hair or any hair in general?
I Believe there is no such thing as the best protein treatment for curly hair simply because what worked for me might not work for you!
It’s good, to be honest, so here are some of the best protein treatment for natural hair which I believe you need to try few on your own in order to find the best one for your hair needs.
Deep Penetrating Treatments
- Joico K-pack Deep Penetrating Constructor
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
- My Honey Child Hair Mask
- Curl Junkie Curl Fix Intensive Hair Treatment
- Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein Deep Moisturizing Treatment
- Mop Top Deep Conditioner
- Giovanni Smooth As Silk Xtreme
- Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment
- Curl Junkie Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment
- Devacurl Heaven In Hair
- Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
- Tresemme Split End Remedy Conditioner
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
- Bee Mine Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner
- Blended Beauty Curl Quenching Conditioner
- Palmers Protein Pack – Good For As-needed Use
- Ouidad Deep Treatment Curl Restoration Therapy
- Hair Chemist Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque
- Creme of Nature Conditioning Reconstructor
- Egg Mask Protein Treatment
- Banana Hair Mask
Protein treatment for hair growth. Does it work?
According to ndtv if you add iron and protein to your diet, they are the two basic elements required for hair growth.
Also, add foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, Vitamin A and C. All of these strengthen hair follicles.
So protein treatment for curly hair works the same way. If you do all the right things and provide great protein treatment for natural hair you will see your hair growing!
What are some sources of protein for intake?
According to webmd protein can help you shed those unwanted pounds — and keep your belly full. But it’s important to eat the right amount and the right kind of protein to get its health benefits.
If external protein treatments are not your thing, you should look into consuming foods that are high in protein!
Let’s have a look at few sources of protein:
1. Turkey (One of the best-known source of protein)
4. Lean beef steak
5. Chicken Breast
4. Mozzarella Cheese
5. Cottage Cheese
protein treatment for curly hair is absolutely great if your hair is not responding the way you want it to respond.
Try any of these protein treatments for natural hair to help your limp hair come back to life!
There always have to be a balance between protein and moisture so don’t forget your moisturizing hair treatments.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
If you enjoyed this post, I personally picked these ones for you:
- 21 Best Affordable Natural Hair Products Your Pocket Will Love!
- How to Keep Natural Hair Moisturized Like a Boss!
- 9 Clever Tips on How to Make African Hair Soft Today!
- 13 Extraordinary Hair Treatments With Coconut Oil
I Would love if you could share this post with someone you care about!
Which protein treatment have you tried?
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**