Are you lacking a night routine for hair growth? This might be one of the reasons your hair is not responding to growth. I had the same issue, I did it all yet at night my hair was out and about.
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
So what is the best night routine for hair growth? Let’s have a look at simple practical ways to improve your night routine for hair growth starting from tonight!
How To Build A Night Routine For Hair Growth That Works!
When you go to bed there are three things you want to protect against when you go to bed:
- No one wants matted hair because it leads to tangling and knotting, yikes!
- Excessive abrasion and rubbing because we know it’s a no no for our hair type.
- Hair getting drier.. I mean come on, our hair gets dry without a night routine, let’s not make it worse! no joke, it does, right?
So now you will ask me, okay so what do I do? Here are three simple things you could start implementing today:
- Before bed try to spritz and moisturize your hair so that it’s in the best condition possible. Remember to not use too much product so that you don’t stain your sheet… unless you have time to do laundry often… Just saying!
- In order to prevent matted hair, you can twist your hair or braid it before bed. It all depends on what you prefer doing the most.
- Now I’m single as of YET (keep me in prayers, I’m believing God for good news soon!) so I wear a satin scarf to protect my hair. If you are not digging that Idea or you don’t find it cute then use a satin pillowcase because contact between hair and cotton bedding draws moisture out of hair…Sis, we NEED as much moisture as possible!
Let’s talk about lengths for a second.. when you have short to medium length you won’t have an issue if you skip twisting or braiding your hair few times.
Now as your hair grows matting will become a real problem so make sure you learn how to twist (faster) or braid your hair before you go to bed.
Depending on the style you are going for the size of your twists/braids matter so think about what style you want to rock the next day and style accordingly.
Let’s get into some helpful tips on how to build a night routine for hair growth:
Practise Good Hair Habits!
No matter what shape or form your hair is in, it is crucial to have a night time hair routine.
Your hair won’t grow overnight with these tips but it will surely be well kept and maintained which helps with growth!
Where is my Shampoo? Who took my gel?!
Learn to place your hair products in one spot in order to prevent you from skipping out on any necessary steps.
Nights are most of the time difficult because we return from our busy daily chores and we are tired.
Save your self some stress by putting all your products in one place in order to find them easily and quickly.
Let’s not forget that morning are another story of their own so it helps you get ready faster in the morning!
Do a Scalp massage!
I remember when I was trying to grow my hair, I got the same advice over and over, scalp massage! It is essential if you want healthy and long hair.
Scalp massages do few things to help your hair growth: It circulates blood and increases the blood flow to your natural hair follicles which promotes hair growth.
If you want to be fancy you can also add oils to your fingertips and massage it into your scalp using a circular motion to prevent a dry scalp and dandruff (I’ve gone through that…it helps!).
This needs a check by you, if your hair is feeling a little dry before bed, you want to moisturize it. It doesn’t have to be too complicated, moisturizing your hair might be in the form of adding oil or a leave-in conditioner that’s mixed with water using a spray bottle.
For my fancy Queens that have time available, You can also use a hair steamer because they work by hydrating dry hair through steam.
The moist heat from the steam also promotes hair growth. The steam lifts your hair cuticles which allows products to penetrate your hair shaft for optimal moisture.
This process also helps to heal damaged hair!
Get some Silk/Satin Pillows and Bonnets
When it comes to night routines silk and satin bonnets and pillows are essential especially when you are natural.
If you sleep without a bonnet on cotton pillows or sheets, that can do some damage to your hair over time.
Cotton pillowcases can remove moisture from your hair because cotton absorbs all your natural oils while you are asleep. Sleeping on a cotton pillow can cause frizz and breakage. Satin and silk pillowcases are smooth so your hair won’t get tangled while you are sleeping.
If you do not want to get a satin or silk pillowcase, you can always purchase bonnets as an alternative. You can even buy some bonnets infused with oils that will give your hair extra moisture.
Apply some Anti-Frizz Products
This tip is for those that like voluminous hair! Frizz can be your best friend but when you want defines style frizz is not what you want.
To prevent that you can add some anti-frizz products while moisturizing your hair at night and wake up with perfectly defined curls.
Tips and Tricks for Specific Styles
Not everybody’s hair is the same, so some people need to take additional measures when taking care of their hair before bed. Here are some tips and tricks for specific hairstyles.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
Sleeping with a bonnet or satin sheets is still a great idea even if you are bald. A bonnet will prevent you from getting those annoying little dust bunnies in your hair. If you are planning on growing your hair this will prevent you from getting split ends.
When you have natural hair, it is essential to have a good nighttime routine, so you wake up with beautiful hair in the morning.
Pineappling you hair at night
Pineappling your hair is when you gather all your hair to the top or crown of your head and use a hair tie to secure it while leaving your ends out.
The pineappling method helps to keep your curls popping by preventing you from squishing them while you’re sleeping.
When you do not use this method, you can run into the issue of flat or misshapen curls in the morning. But if you are not a fan of this technique you can always throw on your bonnet before bed.
How to Preserve a Wash and Go
Being able to rock any natural hairstyle is a blessing.
A wash n go is a common natural hairstyle. Here are three ways you can preserve your wash and go overnight.
Here are some of the things you’ll need:
- Shower cap
- Hair tie pomade
1. Lightly spray your hair with water then put a shower cap on your head.
2. After putting on the shower cap place your bonnet or scarf on and you are ready for bed.
3. putting on a shower cap before bed night sounds out of this world but it helps you to wake up with another bomb wash and go.
The moisture from the water and your body heat create a greenhouse effect that allows your curls look cute and fluffy when you wake up in the morning.
If you do not want to go to bed with a shower cap on here are two other alternatives.
1. Using your hands separate your hair into sections four sections
2. loosely braid them while leaving the ends undone. If your braids start to unravel, you can add a rubber band where your hair transitions from the braid to your curls
3. Put on your satin scarf or bonnet, and you are ready for bed
This next method is similar to braiding, but instead, you will be using hair ties.
1.Part your hair into four sections using your hands or a comb
Lightly spray each section with water and smooth the water into your hair.
2. Take one individual and wrap a hair tie around the section.
3. You can put the hair tie near the ends of your hair to achieve a stretched out wash-and-go.
Preserving Your Twist out or Braid-Out at night
Always keep in mind that after the first day a style may not look as defined or frizz free on the second day, but it is possible to achieve the same curls with the right method and products.
1. The first thing you can do is apply pomade or gel to your edges, so they are laid when you wake up in the morning.
2. After applying the product unto your hairline use, a brush to smooth it down then use a satin scarf to set your edges into place.
3. You can choose between loosely twisting your hair or putting it up into a pineapple
4. Tie your hair loosely with a hair tie
5. Throw on your bonnet and tuck yourself in and you are ready for good night’s sleep.
Preserving Straight Styles on Natural Hair
Although straight hair doesn’t last for long when you’re a natural hair woman here are simple steps to caring for it at night.
Wrapping your hair is key to ensuring that your hair stays sleek and straight as long as possible.
You can use things like:
- A wide tooth comb
- Bobby Pins
- A brush
1. Add oil to your hair (for added moisture before you begin the wrapping)
2. Take a wide-toothed comb and a brush
3. Part your hair from the center of your forehead all the way back to the center of your crown.
4. Begin to wrap your hair (Using your comb)
5. Use the brush to smooth your hair down as you begin to wrap
6. You should stop every so often to add bobby pins to secure your hair to your head
7. After wrapping your hair put on your silk scarf or bonnet.
Curly and Wavy Hair
If you have curly to wavy hair, waking up to a big frizzy mess in the morning is the worst thing.
Here is how to keep your curls or waves nice and defined for the morning using a few products such as:
- A Leave-in conditioner
- An Oil
- A Comb
1. Divide your hair into two or four sections (use a comb or your hands)
2. Take a small amount of leave-in conditioner and apply it to each section. Then apply oil to each section to seal in the moisture from the conditioner
3. For wavy: Braid each section and you are ready for bed.
With these few couple steps, you can wake up to flawless curls and waves
There you have it, How To Build A Night Routine For Hair Growth That Works!
What is your favorite night time hair care routine?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How To Take Care Of Short Natural Hair With Swag!
- How To Moisturize And Seal Natural Hair For Real!
- How To Do A Silk Wrap On Natural Hair
- 13 Breathtaking Natural Hair Updos For Weddings
- How To Style Natural Hair After Washing Like A Pro!
- The Ultimate Cornrows For Natural Hair Growth Guide!
- 25 Breathtaking Natural Hair Youtube gurus You Need To Check!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**