We are talking about natural hair routine 4c queens! I know, our hair type is one of a kind, right? But who said we can’t have fun? Today we are looking into some great natural hair routine 4c naturals need to try out!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
Exciting Natural Hair Routine 4C Naturals Will Love!
It is a fact that 4C hair has the tightest curls of all hair patterns, with our hair type forming tight s’s, z’s or coils.
4C hair shares many of the other characteristics of type 4 hair, and of course, individuals with 4C hair can have different hair densities and porosities, which changes how your hair behaves. However, these are some of the defining qualities of 4C hair:
- Hair dries out quickly or struggles to maintain moisture more than other curl patterns
- Individuals can experience extreme shrinkage, sometimes up to 75%!
- Hair is prone to tangles and matting if not properly cared for and regularly detangled
- Hair is fragile and prone to breakage
So how do you address the unique challenges (and enjoy the unique beauty!) that come with 4C hair?
The trick is a natural hair regimen that keeps your hair healthy. Here are 7 tips from NaturAll Club.
1. MAKE SURE YOU RETAIN MOISTURE.
Even if you have low porosity hair, 4C hair needs to be kept moisturized. The kinks and coils of 4C curls prevent the distribution of sebum throughout your hair.
This allows your hair to dry out faster than other curl patterns, so you need to take extra precautions to keep your hair moisturized.
Find a good moisturizer AND a good sealant. Oils like coconut oil and olive oil, and creams like Shea butter are effective at sealing moisture in your hair.
If you wear a protective style, don’t forget to moisturize regularly!
2. SHAMPOO MINDFULLY WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR 4C HAIR.
Yes, you still need to shampoo regularly to keep your scalp and hair clean- but you can lengthen the time between washes to 2, 3, or even 4 weeks.
Avoid shampoos that contain sulfates or any of these other harmful ingredients, and opt for a mild, sulfate-free shampoo like this Cleansing Avocado Shampoo.
If your hair gets dirty more often, alternate shampoo with cowash or follow shampoo with an apple cider vinegar rinse. Wash your hair in sections to prevent tangles.
3. DETANGLE, DETANGLE AND DETANGLE!
This is extra important for 4C girls because the tight curl pattern of your natural hair can cause hairs to curl and coil around each other, causing tangles.
Tangles lead to breakage, which hinders growth. Detangle regularly and gently, using a wide-toothed comb on damp hair.
Use conditioners to add slip and help with the process. When you find knots, don’t yank- use your fingers to gently pull hairs out of the knot.
4. DEEP CONDITION IS A MUST, DONT SKIP!
While we recommend most customers deep condition every 2 weeks, 4C hair, in particular, thrives with weekly deep conditioning treatments. This will keep your hair healthy, bouncy, and shiny, and will prevent snagging and tangles.
5. AVOID OVERSTYLING YOUR 4C HAIR.
Styling products dry out your natural hair, build upon your scalp, weigh down your hair, etc. Touching and styling your hair excessively can also lead to breakage.
Explore styles that require less styling products, or alternate between high and low manipulation styles to give your hair a break.
6. STYLE WITH SHRINKAGE IN MIND COZ IT’S NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
Shrinkage can be frustrating because it keeps you from seeing growth, and it can also make your natural hair more susceptible to tangles and single strand knots.
You can explore heat-free styles that stretch your hair, such as twist outs, braid outs, and Bantu knots. But don’t forget to embrace and celebrate shrinkage, and have fun with it! 4C hair lends itself to so many styling options.
Try these 4c styles:
- Two strand twists
- Twist outs
- Bantu knots
- Buns or space buns
- As with any other natural hair type, you can use clip-ins, extensions, or crochet braids to switch up your look or add length.
7. KEEP SHOWING YOUR 4C HAIR SOME LOVE!
Some people have grown up hearing that 4C hair is unmanageable, unattractive, or otherwise undesirable.
These ideas are as far from the truth as it gets! 4C hair is not only beautiful but incredibly versatile, capable of infinite styles and looks.
4C curls are also easily managed and taken care of with the correct regimen and products. Celebrate your hair with pride!
Some Extra Tips
- Follow the directions on your products. The idea of deep conditioning overnight sounds great, but it really doesn’t do much for your hair.
- Work your product into your hair to make it easier to detangle and give it extra stretch before styling.
- Don’t wash hair that hasn’t been detangled. Semi-stretched knotted hair is bad enough as it is. Try removing the knots from perfectly shrunken kinks.
- Don’t comb dry or soaking wet hair. Lightly moisturize or spritz to make it pliable. Finger detangle each time that you can get away with it.
- Use moisturizing products. 4C hair is usually very dry naturally, so using anything harsh won’t be beneficial when it comes to retaining moisture.
- Cleanse your scalp thoroughly. 4C natural hair is known for having lots of shrinkages. As soon as water hits the tightly coiled strands, up it goes! Be sure your products/fingers are reaching your scalp to properly cleanse away dirt and product buildup. A good tool to try is the Vanity Planet Scalp Massaging Shampoo Brush. It works great on wash days.
- Don’t pile your coils on top of your head and rub products on your natural hair. This can cause excessive tangling, single strand knots, and frizz. Not to mention, it can be a nightmare to detangle and style later!
- Use a product that has lots of slip. Whether your finger detangle or you like to use hair tools, slip will not only save time, but it will allow most knots and tangles to unravel easily without excess strain. A great inexpensive detangler is Silkience Silky-Smooth Conditioner.
- Don’t rip through knots and tangles! If you feel a knot with your fingers/hair tool, stop and use your fingers to gently remove strands from the knot. Doing so will prevent unnecessary breakage. You may find that the root of the entire knot was only a couple of strands.
- Don’t overuse styling products. This can lead to crunchy, greasy, weighed down, stiff, and or frizzy hair. Most of the time, a little product goes a long way.
There you have it, Exciting Natural Hair Routine 4C Naturals Will Love!
How do you care for you 4c natural hair?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How To Moisturize 4C Hair With These Super Tips!
- Straightening Natural 4C Hair: All You Need To Know!
- Wash And Go 4C Hair: All You Need To Know!
- 4c Natural Hair Care Hacks Every 4c Ninja Needs To Master!
Hi There! I’m Silvy (aka Queen)! So good to have you here!
Popular posts you might enjoy!
I am a passionate upcoming Ghanaian Blogger & YouTuber with a heart for Jesus! I want you to know you are Special, beautiful and so is your hair!
Feel free to connect with me!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**