Natural hair growth products for black hair are extremely important when it comes to learning about what your hair likes and what not! I tried many hair products and I have come to the conclusion that you don’t need to break the bank to grow your natural hair!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
How To Use Natural Hair Growth Products For Black Hair
Our black hair requires the right maintenance for it to grow and stay healthy.
There are many products on the market promising immediate growth.
Hair growth is determined by genetics as well as the manner in which each person maintains her hair on a daily basis.
Let’s get into some wonderful products that could be used for your natural hair growth.
Use a good Deep Conditioner
Black hair is naturally brittle and without proper maintenance, it has the tendency to break at the ends. Once a week use a deep conditioning treatment to penetrate the scalp and give the hair added moisture.
Hair that is continuously moisturized is less likely to break as moisture gives the hair elasticity.
In order to hydrate your strands well, choose a conditioner that contains protein, and when applying, leave it on the hair whilst wrapped in a heat cap under a hairdryer, as heat aids in penetration!
Get a good Cowash Conditioner
Get a conditioner that contains nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, castor oil, and other natural extracts.
As I Am Coconut CoWash was not designated for hair growth specifically, but you can experience steady growth with this product.
It cleanses the hair without stripping it of moisture. It is also gentle enough for daily use, so clean hair plus moisture gives a healthy foundation for your hair to flourish.
Try some wonderful Oils For Hair Growth
Coconut oil is a natural product free of any chemicals or preservatives. It is good for the scalp and promotes hair growth. Extra virgin coconut oil is clear and nonsticky in texture and should have a smell of fresh coconut. When applied to the hair, the product should absorb quickly.
The oils from rosemary, sage, and lavender are natural products that aid in the stimulation of the hair follicles to promote healthy hair growth and a healthy scalp. You can use these oils daily as a hair rinse or a moisturizer for constant scalp stimulation.
- Moringa oil has an impressive Oleic acid content of 72%, which makes it one of the best oils for Afro hair & curly hair types. Castor oil, although with a low Oleic acid content, is made up with a high concentration of Ricinoleic acid, which is extremely beneficial to Afro hair.
- Avocado oil: If you have dry and frizzy hair, avocado oil is a good choice. It is one of the most emollient and moisturizing oils you can find.
- Castor oil is one of the best oils to grow natural Afro hair, comes from the castor plant, Ricinus communis, which commonly grows in tropical regions. It carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
- Shea Butter: Is thick, creamy texture is an absolute wonderful for afro-textured hair.
- Rosemary oil is generally celebrated as a miracle hair growth oil. It’s generally thought that the naturally active ingredients in rosemary can help block some of the causes of baldness. There is increasing scientific evidence that rosemary oil can help boost hair growth.
- Coconut oil: The reason coconut oil is one of the best oils for a hot oil treatment is due to the softness and shine it provides. I love how a little goes a long way and it can just glide through my hair with ease.
- Castor oil: Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients. it’s also a powerhouse at adding strength to your hair, so those of you with thin hair that breaks easily, think about using castor oil in your hot oil hair pack. Hemp oil has always been my favorite oil, but about a couple of years ago, I started experimenting with Castor oil. What I found was that the thick consistency of the oil was perfect for my 4c hair type.
- Fenugreek Seed oil: Fenugreek seed can be easily incorporated in your homemade hair care recipes so that you can reap the best benefits for your hair. If you want to get healthy and nourished hair sans dandruff and flakiness, try using fenugreek seeds as a significant ingredient in your hair care regime.
- Jojoba oil: There are many factors that can lead to the dryness of the scalp, dandruff, and increased hair loss. Jojoba oil is capable of minimizing those factors. It mimics the natural oil sebum, which is produced in our scalp. It nourishes our hair and follicles and maximizes the rate at which our hair grows. The oil has antifungal properties that help maintain the health of our scalp. It also helps in getting rid of the layer of dead skin, dandruff, and dirt and leaves behind a clean and well-hydrated scalp. Jojoba oil is capable of moisturizing hair and its follicles without leaving any residue. It can help hair cells to reproduce themselves at a rapid pace. After applying it on hair, wait for a few minutes before washing the oil out.
Extra Daily Natural Hair Care Routine
In addition to using the best natural hair products for your hair type, here is a wonderful daily care routine for hair growth and healthy hair.
Trim your hair when needed:
When you start noticing that your hair is getting constantly dry, it may be time for a serious trim. Be sure to trim your hair once a month, which is an effective way to keep split ends at bay.
Wrap your hair with a satin bonnet at night:
To avoid constant dryness of hair caused by overexposure to harsh environmental factors, make sure you wrap your hair, in order to aid in moisture retention.
Since you can’t do this during the day, you can always wear a scarf during the night.
A satin or silk scarf is recommended as they do not absorb oil like other fabrics.
Sleep with a satin pillowcase:
To avoid oil getting sucked out of your hair while you sleep, use a silk pillowcase.
Avoid frequent use of rubber bands:
Tying hair back with rubber bands often causes breakage of hair, especially for curly and Afro hair types.
Go for a softer hairband made from satin or silky fabrics.
Braid your hair often:
This reduces the exposure of black hair, hence less damage is done to your hair.
There are different styles of braids to go for such as Marley braids or box braids, whatever style you choose, make sure the braids are not too heavy on your hair which can cause further breakage.
Eat well for faster hair growth:
The best foods that help with the growth of your hair should be consumed more. Vitamin C is vital for stronger hair and a deficiency in Vitamin C can cause hair breakage.
Blueberries are a wonderful source of Vitamin C, so we advise consuming more of them. Greek yogurts and eggs are wonderful sources of protein which are well known to enhance hair strands.
For healthy hair follicles, go for foods that are rich in omega3-fatty acid and protein such as salmon and avocado.
There you have it, How To Use Natural Hair Growth Products For Black Hair
What is yur favorite hair growth product?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How To Build A Natural Hair Regimen To Promote Growth And Happiness!
- Why These Oils For Hair Growth For Black Hair Works So Well!
- Need Some Food For Hair Growth And Thickness? Try These!
Hi There! I’m Silvy (aka Queen)! So good to have you here!
Popular posts you might enjoy!
I am a passionate upcoming Ghanaian Blogger & YouTuber with a heart for Jesus! I want you to know you are Special, beautiful and so is your hair!
Feel free to connect with me!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**