Today we are talking all about how to make 4c hair soft and curly! Although making your 4c hair curly is a great idea, many of us struggle with keeping it soft. Here are some things you should watch out and implement into your regimen in order to ensure softness into your 4c natural hair!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
How To Make 4C Hair Soft And Curly
Before we get into some great ways and products to use, it is important to know if you have 4c natural hair.
HOW TO IDENTIFY 4C HAIR
4C hair has the tightest curls of all hair patterns, with hairs forming tight s’s, z’s or coils. 4C hair shares many of the other characteristics of type 4 hair, and of course, individuals with 4C hair can have different hair densities and porosities, which changes how your hair behaves. However, these are some of the defining qualities of 4C hair:
- Hair dries out quickly or struggles to maintain moisture more than other curl patterns
- Individuals can experience extreme shrinkage, sometimes up to 75%!
- Hair is prone to tangles and matting if not properly cared for and regularly detangled
- Hair is fragile and prone to breakage
So how do you address the unique challenges (and enjoy the unique beauty!) that come with 4C hair? The trick is a natural hair regimen that keeps your hair healthy. H
How to make sure your hair is soft!
Now that you have determined that you have 4C hair, it is time to talk about the best tips and tricks for caring for your hair.
- Be Gentle. You should remember that even though your hair looks tough, it is extremely fragile. Choosing the right styling tools and methods is critical to proper care. Never detangle dry hair, and always comb strands from bottom to top. Make sure to cover your hair with a satin/silk scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase. This will protect your strands from rubbing against your bed’s cotton fabric—a practice that can lead to breakage.
- Keep it Moisturized. If there is one thing to remember when caring for 4C hair, it is moisture. While this is important for all Afro-textured hair, 4C hair is the driest and most in need of hydration. Make sure that all of your products are filled with moisture and suited to keeping your strands quenched throughout the day. Avoid sulfates and other drying ingredients and remember that water is your hair’s best friend.
- Get Regular Trims. While it may seem counterintuitive, regular trims are critical to growing and maintaining healthy hair. Because 4C is prone to extreme shrinkage, it is best to trim hair while stretched. This will reduce breakage and improve the overall appearance of your hair.
Now that you have a better understanding of
your hair type, let’s see what products can help you keep your hair in great condition and keep it soft and moisturized.
One of the most potentially moisturizing-sapping hair care areas for 4C Hair is during the cleansing process.
Shampoos, particularly those that contain sulfates, can strip the hair of natural oils, leaving it rough and dull. This is exactly what you do not want. To avoid this, there are a few steps you can take.
Sulfate-free, clarifying shampoos
Keeping your hair and scalp clean and free from buildup and debris is essential. Using a clarifying shampoo that is free of harmful, drying ingredients can be a great choice for maintaining moisturized, clean 4C Hair.
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strength & Restore Shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean
- Alaffia Authentic Black Soap
Some people with Type 4C Hair choose to avoid shampoo altogether, using conditioner to cleanse their hair in a practice known as co-washing (conditioner-only washing). This method is particularly helpful for those who have extremely dry hair.
To co-wash, begin by washing your hair and scalp with water and/or diluted apple cider vinegar to remove debris and another buildup. Then apply conditioner along the length of the strands before rinsing the hair.
- Alikay Naturals Cowash Me Cleansing Conditioner
- As I Am Coconut Cowash
- Pantene Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner
Conditioning is key to putting moisture into 4C Hair. There are different conditioners that you should use at each phase of the hair care process: detangling, deep conditioning, and moisturizing.
At the same time as herbal hair seems and feels strong, it is simply the most fragile of all hair types. that is mainly true during the detangling process. To keep away from breakage and nurture healthy hair, you have to always dampen hair prior to detangling it.
making use of a generous quantity of detangling conditioner with plenty of slip will help your fingers and/or comb glide through your tight coils.
- Aussie Moist Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
- VO5 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner
at the least once every week, you have to deep conditioner your hair to infuse it with more moisture. After washing your hair, apply a hydrating conditioner on your strands and cover your head with a shower cap or plastic bag. allow the conditioner to sit down for at least half-hour before rinsing.
For even better effects, add heat by way of a hooded dryer or headscarf tied tightly around your head. this could permit the product to certainly penetrate your hair shaft.
- Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
- Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
Once your hair has been cleansed and detangled, it is time to add the leave-in conditioner. Distribute the conditioner along the length of damp natural hair.
This product is important because it adds an additional source of moisture to your hair. For 4C hair, aloe vera juice is greatly beneficial as it moisturizes your mane without too much product build-up.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
- Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice
- Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
- Giovanni Direct Leave-in Weightless Moisture Conditioner
Oils are essential for maintaining 4C hair. They can be applied to both hair and scalp, but make sure you do not overdo it; this can lead to product buildup and blocked hair follicles—the enemy of healthy, thriving hair. Depending on your hair needs, you can use oils to moisturize and/or seal in existing moisture in hair.
Oils that hydrate the hair include coconut oil,olive oil,avocado oil, and tea tree oil. These oils penetrate the hair shaft and are best applied after leave-in conditioner and prior to a heavy cream. They are especially good for 4C hair as they add necessary moisture.
- Doo Gro Stimulating Hair Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil by Spectrum
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (for scalp)
Oils that seal existing moisture into the hair consist of Jamaican black castor oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil. those oils coat he hair shaft and are nicely applied after leave-in conditioner and previous to a heavy cream.
They lock in moisture, making sure that hair stays hydrated for a longer length. that is crucial for 4C hair, as moisture has a tendency to evaporate fast if not nicely sealed in.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- NOW Grapeseed Oil
- NOW Jojoba Oil
Sealing butters and creams
For 4C hair, butters and creams are a vital step for sealing in moisture. They add the heavy barrier between the strands and the air that your hair needs, protecting it from drying winter precipitation and vicious sun rays.
- Tailored Beauty Everything Butter
- L’Oreal Curl Reviving Butter Balm
whilst 4C hair is known to lack a defined curl pattern, there are techniques to create an illusion of 1. One popular way is known as shingling.
After cleaning and conditioning your hair, separate it into 4 sections. start with the primary segment, dividing it into numerous smaller parts. apply styling gel for your finger and distribute it through every small section.
Then permit the hair to dry completely before manipulating it.
- Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard
- Shea Moisture Curling Souffle
There you have it, How To Make 4C Hair Soft And Curly
How do you make 4c hair soft and curly?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How To Build Your 4C Low Porosity Hair Regimen With Ease!
- The Smart Dry Scalp 4C Hair Secrets For Ultra Relief!
- Exciting Natural Hair Routine 4C Naturals Will Love!
- Straightening Natural 4C Hair: All You Need To Know!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**