We are learning how to grow natural hair with rice water today! Well, rice water is not only for eating purposes, but it can also help your natural hair grow!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
in case you want to look for an immediate difference in your hair’s health, try using rice water for natural hair. Rice water has been historically used for hundreds of years in China and Japan.
In reality, the Yao women of China are credited with having the longest hair in the world. With lengths of over six feet, their hair seems strong, thick, and shiny.
How To Grow Natural Hair With Rice Water
Using a DIY concoction like rice water is almost always beneficial to hair, but getting started can be a challenge. Making rice water at home takes special preparation, but it will be easy to do once you learn how.
In this post, you’ll find out about the benefits of rice water and how to make it at home to improve the health of your natural hair. You’ll know all about this amazing rice water hair rinse by the time you finish reading.
Rice water is the starchy water left over after rice is cooked or left to soak. It is thought to make the hair smooth and shiny, as well as help it grow faster.
This article looks at the beauty benefits of rice water hair treatments and whether scientific research backs up the purported results.
Where did using rice water originate?
There’s a similar anecdote regarding the Yao women of China. Many Yao women have very long hair that doesn’t begin to gray until they reach their 80’s. They credit their hair’s length and color to a rice water mixture, according to Vogue.
But now the rice water secret is everywhere. A quick YouTube search will produce tons of rice water beauty experiments and recipes.
Using rice water for hair
Rice water is surprisingly helpful to hair because it contains an impressive array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids. If you’re suffering from alopecia or thinning, rice water can be a real game-changer.
Rice grains contain 75–80 percent starch. It is starchy water that remains after soaking or cooking rice. Rice water is thought to contain many of the vitamins and minerals contained in rice. These include:
- amino acids
- B vitamins
- vitamin E
Let’s get into more details about it:
- Amino acids. These nutrients are the building blocks of protein. Rice water contains 16% protein, making it an effective DIY protein treatment. Use it to strengthen your hair, and add sheen by smoothing the cuticle.
- Inositol. This nutrient is found in rice water and acts to increase hair elasticity, making the hair more strong and flexible. This flexibility helps to create a more defined curl pattern.
- Selenium. This mineral destroys Malassezia, the yeast responsible for dandruff. Killing off the yeast can help hair to grow healthy and thick.
- Magnesium. If you have hard water, you probably have calcium buildup on your scalp and hair. This film can smother hair follicles and leave hair hard and brittle. Magnesium will help to dissolve the calcium and uncover hair follicles so that your hair can grow.
- Folic acid. Also known as vitamin B9, folic acid helps to thicken and strengthen hair. You can get it by eating fruits and veggies, but using rice water will allow your hair and scalp to absorb it topically.
- Thiamine. As you probably know, stress is a significant cause of hair loss and maintaining a stressful lifestyle can lead to thinning. Thiamine is also known as vitamin B1, and it can help reverse hair loss by relieving stress. This vitamin will give your hair shine and bounce.
- Niacin. This nutrient is also called vitamin B3. It can transform dull and weak hair by improving blood circulation, repairing follicle cells, and reducing scalp inflammation. Applying it directly to the scalp will help to stimulate hair follicles.
- Vitamin K. As you age, your skull can become more calcified. This calcification can affect the hair follicles and cause hair loss. Vitamin K works to lift calcium buildup so that the follicle can push keratin out and grow hair.
- Pitera Yeast. Pitera is a unique yeast found in fermented rice water. It works as an anti-aging elixir for the skin and hair by helping to regenerate cells and rejuvenate the scalp. Fermented rice water is more effective than plain rice water, and it doesn’t take much more effort, so it is well worth the extra time.
Advocates of using rice water for hair believe it:
- detangles the hair
- makes hair smoother
- increases shine
- makes hair stronger
- helps hair grow long
Rice Water For Hair Growth
Rice water restores the pH balance of your hair and creates the perfect environment for growing hair when applied at the root. It will moisturize the hair, heal the scalp, and add manageability.
Rice water is chock-full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, and it is used by the Yao women of China to achieve long hair. Use this hair rinse, along with a healthy diet and careful hair regimen to grow longer and thicker hair.
If you want to wash your hair with rice water instead of shampoo, try washing hair with cooked rice water if you’re following a no-poo regimen.
Why? Rice water contains saponins that work like mild cleansers. It will provide nutrients, soften the curls and stimulate growth while cleansing the scalp.
How to make rice water
There are several different ways to make rice water, including
Soaking is the quickest way to make rice water.
To use this method:
- take ½ cup of uncooked rice
- rinse thoroughly
- place rice in a bowl with 2–3 cups of water
- leave to soak for 30 minutes
- strain the rice water into a clean bowl
Fermented vs. plain rice water
Some rice water advocates claim fermented rice water has more benefits than plain rice water.
According to a 2012 study, fermented substances have a higher amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants may combat hair and skin cell damage, which is why they are typical ingredients in beauty products.
To ferment rice water, follow steps 1–4 of the soaking method. Before straining, leave the rice water to stand at room temperature for up to 2 days, allowing it to ferment. Strain the rice water into a clean bowl before use.
Another way to make rice water is by boiling the rice. Cover ½ cup of rice with double the water typically used for cooking. Cook the rice in boiling water and strain the rice water into a clean bowl before use.
How to use rice water
Rice water can replace your regular conditioner. To do this, a person should:
- wash your hair with a shampoo
- rinse thoroughly with water from the tap
- pour rice water onto their hair
- massage the rice water into the hair and scalp
- leave on for up to 20 minutes
- rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap
People with dry and sensitive scalp
People with dry and sensitive scalp should not overuse rice water. Restrict the use of rice water for no more than once or twice a week.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
Protein-Sensitive hair: Avoid using too much protein
Rice water contains a lot of proteins that may lead to protein overload. Protein and moisture treatments are very different and excessive use of one of them can eventually harm your hair.
Usually, in case your hair is stringy and limp it means that your hair desires extra protein, whereas in case your hair is tough and coarse, it normally has an excessive amount of protein.
if you have protein-sensitive hair, your hair will turn even more dry, stiff and brittle quickly after using hair products with an excessive amount of protein. once this occurs, prevent using any protein products for some time and just use moisturizing products until a most excellent protein-moisture balance is accomplished.
There you have it, How To Grow Natural Hair With Rice Water
Have you tried rice water before?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**