Searching for the best avocado oil and egg hair mask? Well today we are talking all about this super combo of moisture and strength for your natural hair.
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
This Avocado Oil And Egg Hair Mask Will Spice Your Hair Up!
Hair masks are effective ways to provide your hair with tons of health benefits in less than minutes.
Your hair masks act like high powered hair conditioners, giving your hair benefits like softening and hydrating, a boost to grow, adding shine, and even fighting off infections.
I’ll be showing you how to make an avocado hair mask for hair growth with the right directions!
You will need
Avocado, egg and olive oil for hair! Let’s get into knowing each ingredient and what it does for your natural hair.
Avocado is the main ingredient in this hair mask. Packed with healthy fats, avocado is a natural moisturizing and hair conditioning ingredient.
Its moisture content helps moisturize and plump up dry hair. The nutrients in avocado including vitamin E stimulates hair growth as well as prevent hair loss. In this hair mask it will help make your curls silky, soft and shiny too!
Eggs are rich in protein. Protein helps strengthen the hair follicles and shaft, making them less prone to breakage and damage.
The protein also makes your hair thicker and shinier but remember to use cold water to rinse off this avocado egg and olive oil hair mask:)
Never use hot water in any homemade hair mask with eggs as it will cook the eggs and leave tiny cooked bits of egg in your hair (unless you’re hungry!)
Rich in healthy fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acids, olive oil is really nutritious for the hair and scalp.
This oil lubricates your dry hair and regulates oil in normal hair.
It contains vitamin E which is one of the best vitamins for hair growth. Olive oil also contains antioxidants that fight off free radicals that are known to damage healthy cells and cause premature greying.
Note: make sure you know how much your hair will need. Measure according to your hair needs in order to use just enough of the ingredients and not let any go to waste.
The avocado egg and olive oil hair mask!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Scrape out all the flesh from a ½ small avocado and put it in a small blender. Blend until smooth and lump-free
2. In the blender, crack in an egg and add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Blend the mixture till you get a smooth and thick consistency.
4. Transfer the contents of the blender into a clean bowl.
5. The avocado egg and olive oil hair mask are ready for application!
Get ready to slather this creamy goodness onto your locks!
How to apply the avocado egg and olive oil hair mask
Applying a hair mask can be a bit tricky and messy but it doesn’t have to when you follow the correct steps.
Here’s how I used this avocado hair mask:
1. Start with a clean scalp. I first washed my hair with a non-sulfate shampoo. This made my scalp squeaky clean, free of stale oils and excess dead cells. You’re going to want to apply the avocado hair mask onto a clean scalp. Here’s why: If your scalp is dirty and your hair follicles are clogged with stale oils, excess dead cells, dandruff, dirt, grime or pollution, it’ll be pointless to apply the hair mask because it’s not going to penetrate.
2. Now that your hair is clean and your scalp and hair are wet, scoop up the creamy avocado hair mask and start applying it onto your scalp. While applying, take some effort to gently massage the hair mask into your scalp. Once you’re done with your scalp, slather your locks with the hair mask. Apply a generous amount to your hair ends, as this is where the most damage occurs.
3. Tie your hair up with a clip/in a loose bun. While waiting for the hair mask to penetrate deep into your hair follicles, you can be washing the rest of your body.
4. When at least 5 minutes are up, rinse your hair thoroughly with tepid/cold water. Make sure you get your hair rinsed really well. Once I was done rinsing, there was absolutely no eggy-avocado smell at all.
5. Wring your hair and wrap in a fluffy towel. Leave it to air dry.
Helpful Last Tips
1. First blending the avocado alone is a very crucial step to get a smooth and lump-free hair mask that will totally rule out the possibility of getting small bits of avocado stuck to your hair.
2. You don’t need to use a free-range egg for this avocado egg and olive oil hair mask. As you can see from the pictures above, I used a normal factory egg. As free-range eggs can be quite expensive, I normally save them for my breakfast/baking. It’s totally fine to use factory eggs for your hair or face masks.
3. Please make sure you use extra virgin olive oil for this hair mask. Refrain from using the fake olive oils as they contain additives that may ruin your hair.
4. Sulfate/store-bought shampoos are an absolute no-no for me. But if you prefer, you can use shampoo to wash off after the mask.
5. There isn’t any need to use a conditioner after this hair mask as all the three ingredients: avocado, egg and olive oil, are perfect natural hair conditioners.
6. Your hair needn’t smell bland after using the avocado egg and olive oil hair mask! Once your hair is dry, put a drop of two of your favorite essential oil onto your brush and brush away. Your hair will smell absolutely amazing.
There you have it, This Avocado Oil And Egg Hair Mask Will Spice Your Hair Up!
Have you tried a DIY hair mask before?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- Why These Oils For Hair Growth For Black Hair Works So Well!
- Need Some Food For Hair Growth And Thickness? Try These!
- How To Use Bentonite Clay For 4c Hair That Needs Some Life!
- 17 Best Organic Hair Products For Hair That Comes Through A Winner!
Popular posts you might enjoy!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**