What are some great avocado hair mask benefits that can make your hair feel super great? Yea, today we are looking into those awesome benefits!
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
The Supreme Avocado Hair Mask Benefits For Hair That Glows
You may know that Avocados loaded with several nutrition – potassium, protein, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C etc, bestows a lot of benefits ranging from health to beauty.
The avocado was first used by the Egyptians to treat their hair loss and improve hair growth.
The natural fatty richness of avocado helps recover the form of dry hair by acting as a moisturizer.
One of the major elements in avocado which improves hair health is the good amount of monounsaturated fatty acid!
It is used in many business products, like hair masks, hair treatments, shampoos as well as conditioner.
Also there some DIY’s that you can do for healthy and beautiful hair using avocado.
Is Avocado Good For Damaged Hair?
Oh Yes! It is an awesome ingredient for treating dryness and damage, and here is why you should use it:
- It is rich in fatty amino acids that coat your hair shaft and help it retain moisture. The natural oils in the fruit provide your hair with long-lasting and deep hydration.
- Avocado contains vitamins A, B6, D, and E, and minerals like copper and iron which help it nourish your natural hair and scalp also hand eventually helps promote healthy hair growth.
- Avocado also has a high content of antioxidants like vitamin E which helps prevent hair damage from free radicals. This will result in keeping your hair healthy for a long time.
- Avocado helps repair damage by conditioning and providing your natural hair with basic essential nutrients it needs to be healthy.
- Lastly, it unclogs follicles and stimulates new hair growth from these dormant follicles.
Let’s take a deep dive into some of the key benefits of using Avocado on your hair:
It Promotes Hair Growth: avocado hair mask advantages #1
First in the list of avocado hair mask benefits, growth! Avocado holds proteins, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B6, magnesium, amino acids, and iron.
All these elements found in Avocado help to improve your hair growth and nourishment as well.
Especially, vitamin B acts at the cellular level tto assist in hair growth and research shows that healthy hair develops approximately half an inch each month.
It is known that, protein content and fatty acid content are effective for hair growth.
Avocado Helps Repair Damage
Vitamin E found in Avocado helps to recover damaged hair. It also looks after your scalp and repairs the damage that has prevented your hair growth.
When you use avocado shampoo, conditioner or hair treatment, you get soft and damage-free hair because of the natural fat content of avocados that helps keep hair hydrated and damage-free.
Treat Dandruff Using Avocado
Avocado helps you shed off dead skin tissues on your scalp. Its seeds can be dried and turned into powder which can be used as a dandruff treatment. It’s powdered seeds can be stored up for years.
Treat Hair Loss with it
Hair loss crops up when your hair dries and lacks vitamins. Topical stress on hair like hair straitening, dying etc might also be another cause. Using avocado hair treatments, conditioner or masks, one can rehydrate and provide nutrients to their scalp and hair and reduce hair loss.
As a Moisturizer
Avocados helps to moisturize dry hair via its natural fatty richness. Using avocado for your hair will make your hair soft, hydrated and smooth.
Here are some great diy recipes to try using Avocado:
Avocado DIY for Hair: The Hair Revitalizer
Avocado revitalizes your hair and helps it look shiny and soft. You can simply prepare avocado revitalizer at home.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Mash an avocado and prepare a smooth paste out of it.
- Squeeze lemon into the paste
- Add honey and mix well the ingredients
Direction for Applying
- Apply the paste from scalp to the tip of your hair properly
- Wrap your head with a plastic cap.
- Rinse it off after ten minutes.
You will feel the magic of hair revitalizing avocado.
Avocado DIY for Hair: Prevent Split Ends
Avocado is popular as a home remedy for preventing split ends.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 egg
- Mash an avocado in a bowl making a smooth paste
- Separate the egg white and add to the paste
- Mix the ingredients
Direction for Applying
- Apply the paste from the root to the tip of the hair.
- Pay more attention while applying on the split ends.
- Wrap your head with a plastic cap and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse it off with regular shampoo.
Avocado DIY for Hair: The Avocado Oil treatment
- 1 clean towel
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Popular posts you might enjoy!
- Keep avocado oil and olive oil in a pan and heat it mixing the oils.
- Heat the mixture until its warm then pour it into a vessel for use.
Directions to apply
- Apply it on your scalp and massage for fifteen minutes.
- Now, steep the clean towel in warm water and cover your hair with it for about ten minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with regular shampoo.
Avocado DIY for Hair: The Avocado Hair Conditioner
- 1 ripe avocado
- Half a cup of water
- Mash the avocado using your hand.
- Add half a cup of water in the mashed avocado.
- You may also use a blender to mix it.
Directions to apply
- Apply this mixture on your hair after washing your hair with shampoo.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with clean water.
Avocado DIY for Hair: The Avocado Hair Mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- Take a ripe avocado and extract the flesh scooping it.
- Keep the avocado, a tablespoon of yogurt, an egg and a tablespoon of jojoba oil in a blender and mix it well.
Directions to apply
- Apply the mixture on your scalp as well as hair properly.
- Then, cover you head with shower cap or plastic and leave it for more than an hour.
- Rinse off with mild shampoo.
Avocado Hair Mask Advantages Quick Tips: How To Care For Dry And Damaged Hair
- Always wash your natural hair with cool or lukewarm water as this will help seal the hair cuticle. A sealed hair cuticle is better at retaining moisture and protecting the hair cortex from damage.
- Skip the towel dry. A towel must only be used to squeeze the excess water out of your natural hair. Vigorously rubbing your natural hair with a towel will only result in breakage and split-ends.
- Apart from using these hair masks, oil your natural hair at least once a week to keep it from drying out.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to untangle your hair. This will minimize breakage.
- Use silk pillow covers to sleep on to avoid moisture loss if you dont like wrapping your hair.
- Reduce heat styling. Heat is your hair’s worst enemy when you have a dryness problem.
- Take a break from any chemical treatments such as coloring as it will take a massive toll on your hair’s health.
- Get regular trims spaced at 6-8 weeks apart. This will help reduce damage, in the form of split-ends, from spreading up.
Dryness can make your hair look completely dead, but it is also the simplest of hair problems to deal with.
Treat your hair with these amazing hair masks to restore health and luster to your locks in no time.
There you have it, The Supreme Avocado Hair Mask Benefits For Hair That Glows
What is your favorite hair mask recipe?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- Easy Natural Hair Mask For Dandruff! Say Bye To White Flakes Girl!
- This Avocado Oil And Egg Hair Mask Will Spice Your Hair Up!
- 10 Addictive Moisturizing Hair Mask Diy Recipies For Softer Curls!
- The Must-try Loc Method For High Porosity Hair Sistas!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**