Aloe vera juice for hair growth? Does it really work that way? Here is the thing, Aloe vera juice is an age-old beauty secret that has endured the test of time for thousands of years. Oh yeah, Cleopatra and Nefertiti used it in their daily skin regimens in ancient Egypt (Girl, get yourself one online as you read this post).
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
The Mystery Of Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth!
When it comes to our natural hair, there are many remedies for repairing damaged hair and not only hair, skin as well, but aloe vera is one of the most effective.
But you may wonder how do you use this cactus plant on your natural hair? If you have been used to using the regular ready-made hair products, it can be confusing to add any natural ingredient to your hair care regimen.
Aloe is simple to use once you get used to using it, and it’s easy to buy online for home use. Let’s have a look at what makes aloe vera juice so unique for natural hair.
This is packed with some great tips on using aloe vera juice on your natural hair!
Aloe Vera Juice Benefits For Natural Hair
Aloe vera juice offers many benefits for natural hair. Healthy hair growth is probably one of the best benefits of all. Did you know that aloe vera contains natural polysaccharides that help to strengthen and thicken hair, and you can even drink it for an extra boost in hair nutrition?
Here are some of the most helpful benefits of hair:
- Smooths the Hair Cuticle. Aloe helps to close the cuticle, which leads to increased shine and decreased friction between curls. Aloe has effective sealing properties that give your hair a healthy appearance. Smoothening your hair can be of great benefit to naturals because it can help curls to glide past each other instead of tangling and knotting.
- Penetrates and Hydrates the Hair Shaft. Aloe stores a hefty amount of water inside its leaves. In fact, if you look at the label of some of the most natural shampoos, they sometimes list aloe instead of water as the first ingredient. Aloe is healing, like water, and it can penetrate the hair strand and give the shaft the nutrients it needs.</li
- Hair Growth. The ability to heal the scalp and repair hair follicles leads to thicker hair, and you’ll notice new sprouts of growth within a few weeks after using the plant. Aloe balances the pH of the scalp and regulates the environment for fantastic hair growth.
- Nourishes the Scalp. Aloe is one of the first things recommended to remedy a skin burn, and for a good reason. It acts quickly to penetrate the keratin on the skin and hair and sends nourishment that repairs and heals damage. It’s the same with your scalp. Do you have an itchy or sore spot on your scalp? Apply aloe to repair and restore the skin. It is anti-inflammatory and provides immediate relief.
- Gets Rid of Dandruff. Many women suffer from dandruff resulting from a dry scalp or a Malassezia yeast overgrowth. Spraying aloe vera juice on the scalp will help to restore the pH balance of the skin and fight dandruff. In fact, adding aloe to your DIY recipes will help to balance the pH of the mixture. As you probably know, having a pH of 4.5-5.5 is the key to preventing the overgrowth of Malassezia and dandruff.
- Decreased Frizz. All curly women make it a priority to combat frizz, and aloe can help. The amino acids in aloe help to control stray hairs and smoothen them into a more defined curl pattern. The hydration factor also helps to calm frizz and helps your hair look more lustrous.
How To Use Aloe Vera Juice For Natural Hair
There are many awesome ways to use aloe vera juice for natural hair, and that makes this all-purpose ingredient versatile and useful.
Here are some basic ways to use it on your natural hair:
- Pre-poo. Using a pre-poo will reduce breakage and make your wash days go much smoother. To make a pre-poo, try mixing aloe vera juice with an oil like coconut, avocado, or castor. Apply it to the hair and cover it with a plastic cap for added heat.
- Midweek Hydrator. An aloe vera juice leave-in conditioner is perfect for daily use. Our natural hair gets dry during the week, so you need a way to hydrate. Water is an excellent hydrator, but go for aloe if you want hydration plus nutrients. You can either apply straight aloe juice or mix it with half water to make an aloe vera juice hair spritz. Then follow with a sealant like shea butter.
- Hair Mask. An aloe vera juice deep conditioner will work wonders for your hair and scalp. The conditioner doesn’t need many ingredients because aloe vera juice already contains so many rich nutrients. Go ahead and mix the aloe vera juice with coconut oil and apply it to your sectioned hair. Cover with a plastic cap and leave for one hour. Then rinse and style.
- Natural detanglers are sometimes overlooked, but try aloe vera juice before you purchase a store-bought detangler which is often full of chemicals. Aloe vera juice has enough slip to detangle and does a great job of hydrating the hair and feeding the shaft nutrients. Try to use 100% juice, or make a 50-50 mix with water. Then finger-detangle or use a wide-toothed comb.
Aloe Vera Juice For Natural Hair Growth
If you’re searching for a way to get longer, thicker hair, aloe vera juice will help you get some pretty good results. It creates the ideal environment for growing your natural hair when you spray it on your scalp because it balances the pH level.
It will also help to heal the scalp and repair your hair follicle cells so they can do their job. Aloe vera is incredibly hydrating and contains vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, and amino acids.
It’s one of the best things you can do for your scalp and hair today!
How To Apply Aloe Vera To Hair For Hair Growth
Using aloe vera to help your hair growth is easy. If you’re using a fresh leaf, slice it open, scoop out the gel, and apply it directly to the scalp.
Make sure to buy a 99-100% pure juice if you can’t really get the fresh leaf, and it’s almost as good as the fresh plant. Plus, purchasing the juice will give you a liquid to spray easily on the scalp.
Here are some helpful instructions:
- Combine half aloe vera juice and half water in a spray bottle and shake to mix.
- Spray on the scalp and hair liberally.
- Use your fingertips to massage the spritz into the scalp.
- Leave the aloe in your hair as a great leave-in conditioner, or wash it out with shampoo.
When it comes to bald spots, aloe vera has been known to stop alopecia and get your hair to grow again. Spray it daily onto the spots where you’re experiencing hair loss and inflammation.
Aloe Vera Juice Vs. Gel
If you are wondering whether to choose the aloe juice or the gel here is what you need to know, both are effective for healing the scalp and repairing and conditioning the hair.
Aloe gel and juice come from different parts of the plant, though both have healing benefits. Aloe juice comes from the outer parts of the leaf, and the gel comes from the inner portion.
For your natural hair use, the main difference is that the juice is thinner and waterier than the gel. So, it would work great if you want an aloe vera spray to go with the juice. However, if you want to use aloe as a holding or styling gel, use the gel.
The juice is useful for spraying, and the gel is perfect when you need the thicker consistency to hold your curly hair.
So, both the aloe vera juice and the gel make a great addition to any regimen. Using aloe regularly is budget-friendly, easy, and efficient. It will heal the scalp, and condition the hair, giving you the longer, thicker hair you want.
Nutritional composition of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera consists of several potentially active constituents which include:
- Vitamins: Vitamins A, C, and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12, folic acid, and choline.
- Enzymes: which include bradykinase, carboxypeptidase, catalase, cellulase, lipase, and peroxidase. Bradykinase helps in reducing excessive inflammation when applied to the skin topically.
- Minerals: which provides calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc? They are essential for the proper functioning of various enzyme systems in different metabolic pathways and few are antioxidants.
- Fatty acids: It provides 4 plant steroids; cholesterol, campesterol, β-sitosterol, and lupeol. All these have anti-inflammatory action which helps in eliminating dry and itchy hair.
- Hormones: Auxins and gibberellins that help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action.
10 DIY Aloe Vera Recipes for Natural Hair Growth
Aloe Vera hair mask can be prepared in almost 1000 different ways! That is the beauty of DIY!
Here are 10 different ways you can use Aloe Vera on your natural hair. You will have to keep trying different recipes until you find the perfect one for your beautiful curly hair.
1- Castor Oil and Aloe Vera for hair growth
If you haven’t try castor oil, girl get yourself one! Castor oil has been used for ages to improve women’s hair growth. When you combine it with Aloe Vera gel, it results in a very strong concoction that will stimulate hair regrowth.
The mixture is also intensely moisturizing. It will condition your natural hair strands and prevent breakage if used consistently.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Divide your hair into sections and apply the mixture to your scalp and along the strands.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it for 20-30minutes
- Wash of the mixture with a gentle shampoo.
2- Aloe Vera, Honey and Coconut Oil for hair growth
I can say that combining aloe vera, coconut oil, and honey will make a very good conditioner. It becomes a mask that will nourish your natural hair, make it soft and very easy to manage.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Massage the mixture to your scalp and hair strands and proceed to massage gently
- Cover your whole head with a shower cap and leave it in for about 30-45 minutes.
- Wash and rinse off your hair with a gentle shampoo.
3- Egg and Aloe Vera for hair growth
Although I love eating eggs we are gonna use it for some hair growth! The egg yolk is filled with proteins and vitamins which makes your natural hair more resistant to damage making it an effective conditioning ingredient.
If you combine it with Aloe Vera, it helps nourish your natural hair and boost hair growth.
Popular posts you might enjoy!
- Mix the egg and aloe vera to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair strands
- Use a shower cap to cover and leave it in for 30-45 minutes
- Rinse out your hair with warm water and shampoo.
4- Onion and Aloe Vera for preventing hair fall
I’ve been seeing onion juice remedies online frequently. Onion Juice is becoming popular among natural hair gurus because it has proved to promote hair growth.
This is what it does, onion juice stimulates dormant follicles and increases blood circulation to your scalp. This step by step guide will help you out:
- Take 3-4 large onions and blend them to a smooth paste
- Add the aloe Vera gel and mix well.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp
- Leave it on for about 30minutes
- Rinse off your hair with a gentle shampoo
5- Coconut Milk and Aloe Vera for hair growth
Coconut milk is very well known for its conditioning effect which contributes to healthy, strong and shiny beautiful hair. The coconut in the mask allows for deep penetration of the nutrients into your hair shaft so that they can be nourished from within.
To start using this miture:
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste
- Massage this mixture into your scalp from roots to tips
- Leave it on for about 30minutes then wash it off.
6- Hibiscus and Aloe Vera Gel for hair growth
Hibiscus is knowingly used to condition our hair. When you use it in combination with aloe Vera gel, it helps boost hair growth while maintaining soft hair texture.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Section your hair and massage this mixture into your scalp
- Leave it on for about half an hour and then proceed to rinse your hair with a gentle shampoo
7- Lemon and Aloe Vera for hair growth
Lemon juice has high vitamin C content which is very necessary for the synthesis of collagen which promotes rapid hair growth. Lemon juice also helps maintain the health of your scalp by maintaining optimum pH levels.
Get it done by following these steps:
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients until you get a smooth mixture. Massage this mixture into your scalp, leave it for 20-30 minutes then rinse it off with warm water and gentle shampoo
8- Henna and Aloe Vera for hair growth
Henna helps in conditioning and softening your hair. Using this mixture will boost your hair growth and will also improve the health of your natural hair.
Things you will need
- Fresh Henna Leaves or henna powder
- 2 tbsp plain Yogurt
- 7 tbsp fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
How to get started:
- Soak the Henna leaves before use
- Blend the leaves and then add all the other ingredients together. Mix well to make a paste
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair for 30 minutes
- Rinse off your hair with warm water and gentle shampoo
9- Shea Butter and Aloe Vera Gel for hair growth
Shea butter, I love it! It is known for strengthening your natural hair and promoting volume and shine. Its deep conditioning effect helps add shine and luster to your curly hair while preventing issues such as breakage and split ends.
To get started using it here is how it’s done:
- Melt Shea Butter and leave it to cool.
- Mix the melted Shea Butter and Aloe Vera
- You can store the excess amount in the fridge to use later
- Massage your scalp and natural hair with this blend and leave it on for about 30 minutes then wash it off with a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
10- Fenugreek and Aloe Vera for treating dandruff
Fenugreek is known for treating dandruff when it comes to hair care and also acting as a conditioner to your natural hair. Remember, a healthy scalp is a foundation for healthy hair. This article is packed with helpful information about Fenugreek!
Here is how you use it:
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Grind them in the morning and mix with aloe Vera gel to make a paste
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it on for about 30 minutes then rinse it off with a gentle shampoo
If you have never tried out Aloe Vera for your natural hair, then you have been missing out a lot because this has been the common natural remedy for all hair related problems.
Just to be safe, remember to always test fresh Aloe Vera on the back of your hand just a patch and leave it for few minutes to taste if your skin is reactive to its properties, then now you can go ahead and use it for various needs mixed with essential oils.
There you have it, The Mystery Of Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth!
What’s your hair growth secret?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
HELPFUL NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES/TOOLS
I'm here to share with you some amazing and helpful hair resources for your natural hair in order for it to thrive and grow healthier and longer!
Where to buy Natural hair Products in Great Prices!
Amazon : You will find amazing natural hair products that will help you maintain your hair in good affordable prices. Plus they ship worldwide!
eBay : What i like about Ebay is the fact of shipping prices base on the country you're buying from and the seller's rating system.
Sally beauty :They have a variety of products for natural hair! You can also check Sally's Coupons and Discounts on Sally Beauty products - all in one place. Remember, Free Shipping On Any $25 Order!
iHerb.com : I love using iherb to get hair vitamins in really low prices. Use the coupon code bellow for a 5% off your next order!
Hair Products Discount code
iHerb Discount Code: WOM674 Get 5% off their next order, regardless if you are a new or current iHerb customer! Amazing right?!
Hair vitamins for growth
Biotin 5000mg can help you hair grow because your hair is made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin.
Folic Acid 400mg
Folic Acid or folate, helps all of your tissues grow and various cells work. These tissues include skin, hair, nails and organs. It also helps prevent birth defects such as anencephaly and spina bifida, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
As all multivitamins they offer more that what we asked for! To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. That's why taking a Multivitamin for hair, skin and nails covers them all!
Omega-3 Fish Oil
Most of the benefits you'll get from Omega-3 fish oil are from their long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which are called DHA and EPA. These are the healthy fats linked to the oil'sheart-healthy benefits, and they're also beneficial for your hair and skin.
Zinc is a vital mineral for healthy hair, skin and nails. Learn why dermatologists recommend zinc for hair growth and how zinc consumption can prevent hair loss. A good zinc supplement for hair loss will supply a good amount of the mineral, as well as other key hair nutrients such as biotin, vitamin C and iron.
Trimming hair shears / scissors
** YOU CAN READ MY FULL LIST OF NATURAL HAIR RESOURCES HERE.**