Rice water for hair growth! Wow what a topic, right!? What do you do when your natural hair has stopped growing or it seems it’s not growing? I feel you sistah…
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome to my Natural hair Blog! Here i share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, i have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain out hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till i finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
The Ultimate Rice Water Hair Growth Strategy For Longer Hair!
So today we are talking all about rice water growth strategies you can use to help you grow your natural hair long and healthy.
I will break it down and hopefully answer questions you have concerning rice water for natural hair growth if you have any other question feel free to leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!
What Is Rice Water?
If you look into it, rice water looks like a milky liquid because of the starch residue left behind from the rice.
You should also know that it is rich in minerals and vitamins and makes for a healthy drink and not only your hair.
Let’s see, rice water tightens your skin and improves the health of your hair. It also enhances blood circulation in your body (wow), aids skin cell growth, and keeps your skin looking young and rejuvenated.
Did you know that rice grains contain 75–80 percent starch? Rice water is the starchy water that remains after you have soak or cook your rice.
Rice water contains many of the vitamins and minerals contained in rice. Vitamins contained in rice are:
- amino acids
- B vitamins
- vitamin E
Is the rice water natural hair growth just a hype?
From all the proofs, rice water natural hair growth is possible, because there are so many benefits when it comes to using the rice water natural hair growth way.
Rice water is really helpful to hair because it contains a great amout of array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids.
Know that if you’re suffering from alopecia or thinning, rice water can be a real game-changer for your hair.
History Of Using Rice Water For Hair
What are some rice water benefits for hair?
It wouldn’t be fair if we didn’t check some rice water benefits for hair, right? Advocates of using rice water for hair believe it:
- detangles the hair
- makes hair smoother
- increases shine
- makes hair stronger
- helps hair grow long
Here are some pretty awesome ingredients found in rice water that can help you grow your hair long:
Popular posts you might enjoy!
- Amino acids. These nutrients are the building blocks of protein. Rice water contains 16% protein, So you can use it to strengthen your hair, and add sheen by smoothing the cuticle.
- Inositol. This nutrient is found in rice water and acts to increase hair elasticity, making the hair more strong and flexible. This flexibility helps to create a more defined curl pattern.
- Selenium. This mineral destroys Malassezia, the yeast responsible for dandruff. Killing off the yeast can help hair to grow healthy and thick.
- Magnesium. Magnesium will help to dissolve the calcium and uncover hair follicles so that your hair can grow. If you have hard water, you probably have calcium buildup on your scalp and hair. This film can smother hair follicles and leave hair hard and brittle.
- Folic acid. It helps to thicken and strengthen hair. You can get it by eating fruits and veggies, but using rice water will allow your hair and scalp to absorb it topically.
- Thiamine. Thiamine is also known as vitamin B1, and it can help reverse hair loss by relieving stress. This vitamin will give your hair shine and bounce.
- Niacin. This nutrient is also called vitamin B3. It can transform dull and weak hair by improving blood circulation, repairing follicle cells, and reducing scalp inflammation. Applying it directly to the scalp will help to stimulate hair follicles.
- Vitamin K. As you age, your skull can become more calcified. This calcification can affect the hair follicles and cause hair loss. Vitamin K works to lift calcium buildup so that the follicle can push keratin out and grow hair.
- Pitera Yeast. Pitera is a unique yeast found in fermented rice water. It works like an anti-aging elixir for the skin and hair by helping to regenerate cells and rejuvenate the scalp. Fermented rice water is more effective than plain rice water, and it doesn’t take much more effort, so it is well worth the extra time.
Here are some even more interesting facts and benefits of rice water that will make you start using it today:
Rice water can improve your Hair Growth
The amino acids present in rice water, in particular, help in the regeneration of hair and aid faster growth of your hair.
Since, rice water contains vitamins B, C, and E, which further help in hair growth. The best way to use rice water to grow hair is to rinse your hair with it after a wash.
Best to follow the process at least twice a week, and you will surely see the results.
Rice water can help reduces Split Ends
Since the primary causes of split ends are inadequate maintenance and pollution, which lead to an overall degeneration in the health of your hair.
Soak your split ends in rice water for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your hair. You will gradually see improvement in the condition of your hair.
Protects Hair From Damage
Rice water decreases surface friction and improves hair elasticity. It contains a carbohydrate called inositol that repairs damaged hair and protects hair in general (8).
What makes rice water stand apart from other ingredients is the fact that the inositol remains in your hair even after rinsing off the rice water and shields your hair from further damage.
Strengthens The Hair Roots And Smoothens Hair
Rice water is rich in amino acids – this is something you already know. You’d be amazed to know that apart from the many benefits that they impart to your hair, they also strengthen your hair roots, add shine to hair, and make it smooth and silky.
6. Cures Dandruff
Dandruff is a menace. It is like a plague attacking your head, leaving a shower of white mist on your clothing. It is utterly embarrassing and a cause of itching and irritation.
Rice water gives you respite from dandruff and, with regular use, helps you combat the problem altogether.For that to happen, you must rinse your hair with rice water regularly.
Makes Hair Silky And Shiny
Who doesn’t want silky and shiny hair? It is what we all dream about. And rice water can make it happen. All you have to do is use rice water as a hair mask, leave it on for 20 minutes, and then wash it off.
Follow it up with shampoo and conditioner, and voila! It works even better if you add some rose water to your rice water solution.
As A Hair Conditioner
Rice water makes for a good and cost-effective hair conditioner. Add a wee bit of rosemary, lavender, or geranium essential oil to it, and you are good to go.
Apply the solution to the entire length of your hair. Leave it on for anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Try it because it is an excellent conditioner. I am not simply saying it. Rice water, as a conditioner, repairs your hair, strengthens it, and enhances its elasticity.
How to use rice water for natural hair
Rice water can replace a commercial conditioner. To do this, a person should:
- wash hair with shampoo
- rinse thoroughly with water from the tap
- pour rice water onto their hair
- massage the rice water into the hair and scalp
- leave on for up to 20 minutes
- rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap
Side effects of rice water on hair
I haven’t come accross any side effects of rice water rinses but I know it’s similar to protein treatmens so if you’re protein sensative you should be extra careful when using it!
Fermented rice water for hair growth
Rice water is chock-full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, and it is used by the Yao women of China to achieve long hair. Use this hair rinse, along with a healthy diet and careful hair regimen to grow longer and thicker hair.
Rice water restores the pH balance of your hair and creates the perfect environment for growing hair when applied at the root. It will moisturize the hair, heal the scalp, and add manageability
Does rice water make your hair grow
Rice water will also help you to retain growth by smoothing the cuticles and lessening surface friction. That means that strands won’t become tangled and weak as they rub against each other. It’s amazing but rice water helps them to slide apart easier.
Rice water penetrates the hair shaft and keeps repairing damage long after you use it,
How to do the rice water rinse for black hair?
Rinsing your hair with rice water after shampooing instead of using a conditioner is the best thing you can do. It improves your hair texture and increases volume.
It also tames and smoothens your hair. And, above all, it keeps your hair strong and healthy.
- Approx. ½ Cup Rice
- 2-3 Cups Distilled or Plain Water
- Large Pyrex Cup
- Applicator or Spray Bottle
- Clean the rice in water until the water is clear. Discard water.
- Place water and rice in a saucepan and let it come to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and strain rice water into Pyrex cup.
- Pour the rinse into an applicator bottle after cooling or proceed with fermenting instructions.
- Leave the rice water to sit in a warm room for 12-24 hours. A sour smell will form as the water ferments.
- Pour the water into a saucepan and re-boil.
- Pour it back into the Pyrex cup and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the rice water into an applicator or spray bottle for use.
If you’d prefer to use a no-boil method, the sequence is almost the same.
Place the rice and water in a container and swirl it with a spoon instead of letting it boil. Let it sit for 30-45 minutes, and then it will be ready to strain and use. Or, consider fermenting from this point to make a more potent recipe.
Rice Water Products For Hair
Want to wash your hair with rice water instead of shampoo?
Try washing hair with cooked rice water if you’re following a no-poo regimen. Rice water contains saponins that work like mild cleansers. It will provide nutrients, soften the curls and stimulate growth while cleansing the scalp.
- rice water shampoo
- fermented rice water shampoo and conditioner
diy fermented rice water shampoo
- 1 cup organic rice
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- Few drops lavender essential oil (fragrance)
In a bowl, add washed rice followed by warm water.
Stir and cover the bowl with a lid. Place it at room temperature for about 2 hours. Strain the rice water and mix it with castile soap.
Add in few drops of lavender essential oil and stir. Pour the mixture in a bottle and use it as a shampoo once or twice a week. Store your prepared shampoo in the fridge for about 1 week.
Rice Water For Skin
Fermented rice water for skin
Do you know that rice water is excellent for your skin as well?
Rice water contains minerals that can help tighten skin and shrink pores. Rice water helps reduce redness from acne and clear blemishes.
The starch in rice water can also soothe inflammation from skin conditions such as eczema. Cleansing face with rice water helps improve overall complexion.
Fermented rice water for face
You can use fermented rice water as a face cleanser, skin toner and to condition hair.
The nutrients in the fermented rice water are believed to shrink pores, reduce fine lines, and tighten and brighten your skin – this is a perfect recipe to look radiant and youthful.
General Uses of Rice Water
Benefits of drinking rice water
Drinking up rice water is a natural cure for eczema, fever and other bacterial infections. It is full of energy, with a low-cal but high-carb way of providing your body with the boost it needs to get through the day effectively.
we lose a lot of water through sweating and rice water is perfect to prevent dehydration and loss of nutrients. it is a good source of energy it is rich with carbohydrates. and this means a lot of energy the human body needs carbohydrates. for energy hence the glass of rice water.
Psst! A secret, you can also add some tasty smoothies into your diet to help you grow your hair longer and naturally (Here is how)! ❤😁
There you have it, The Ultimate Rice Water Hair Growth Strategy For Longer Hair!
What’s your favorite Rice water technique?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- 9 Reviving Egg Protein Treatment for Natural Hair Growth!
- 14 Effective Natural hair Growth and Thickening Tips
- The Natural Hair Cheat Sheet! 20 Mind Blowing Ways to Grow Your hair!
- Grow your natural hair Faster | 22 Savvy ways!
- 15 Daily Routine For Natural Hair Growth..Let it Grow Baby!