Last Updated on September 11, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome you to my Natural hair Blog! Here I share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all, we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me, and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, I have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain our hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till I finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
Using a natural hair detangler is one of the best choices you can do when it comes to taking care of your natural hair!
As we speak I need to give my hair a good detangling so these options will come in handy. But what are some great detanglers out there?
- 1 25 Natural Hair Detanglers That Works Wonders For Your Natural Hair!
- 1.1 What is the Right Technique to detangle natural hair?
- 1.2 What’re the Right Tools for detangling natural hair?
- 1.3 What are the Right Products while detangling?
- 1.4 25 Natural Hair Detanglers That Works Wonders For Your Natural Hair!
- 1.5 1. Honey Baby Naturals Knot My Honey Instant Detangler
- 1.6 2.Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Multivitamin Leave-In Detangler
- 1.7 3. Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Detangler
- 1.8 4. Shea Moisture Jojoba Oil & Ucuuba Butter Hydrating Detangler
- 1.9 5. Creme of Nature Pure Honey Knot Away Leave-In Detangler
- 1.10 6. Oyin Hair Dew
- 1.11 7. Naturally Smitten Tangle Free Pudding
- 1.12 8. Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave-In
- 1.13 9. Oyin Handmade Oh My Glide!
- 1.14 10. Kinky Curly Knot Today
- 1.15 11. DevaCurl Wash Day Wonder
- 1.16 12. Many Ethnicities Moisturizing Conditioner
- 1.17 13. Mielle Organics Detangling Co-Wash
- 1.18 14. Curly Hair Solutions Slip 30-Second Detangler
- 1.19 15. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler
- 1.20 16. DevaCurl No-Comb Detangling Spray
- 1.21 17. Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Knot on My Watch
- 1.22 18. Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Leave-in Treatment
- 1.23 19. Soultanicals Knot Sauce Coil Detangler
- 1.24 20.Creme of Nature Pure Honey Know-Away Leave-in Detangler
- 1.25 22. SheaMoisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free Leave-in Detangler
- 1.26 23. Alikay Knots Be Gone Hair Detangler
- 1.27 24. Sweet Milk Detangling Leave-in by Brown Butter Beauty
- 1.28 25. Curl Girl Unwind Thermal Protector & Detangling Mist
25 Natural Hair Detanglers That Works Wonders For Your Natural Hair!
Before we get into the list of some great natural hair detanglers I would love to break down how to get your hair detangled as simple as possible!
What is the Right Technique to detangle natural hair?
If you see tangles while going through your hair, fear not!
The best way to loosen those tangles is to start from the ends and gently work your way up.
yep, avoid rushing through, which can cause the strands to snap and break, leading to split ends (nobody wants to see split ends, trust me!).
Also, you should take your time, dividing your hair into sections and working on one section at a time.
This advice will make your hair life so much easier. Now that you know how to do it let’s get into the right tools that you will be needing.
What’re the Right Tools for detangling natural hair?
I personally love wide tooth combs, you?
Wide-tooth combs are still useful but there are now plenty of brushes created specifically to work through tangles of our hair type.
Another thing you could do is use your fingers, yep, your fingers to remove large tangles, and then go in with your detangling brush or comb right after that.
If you don’t want to over manipulate your hair stick with only the finger detanling!
You can try detangling in the shower with the water running along your strands or if your hair is saturated in your product of choice.
Now that you have a basic idea about the tools lets get into the products that you will need while detngling.
What are the Right Products while detangling?
When it comes to detangling, applying a product to your hair should be a must!
Using a conditioner with slip while working on hair that’s damp should help you get through the strands with ease.
before we get into the detanglers here are some things you should watch out while detanling:
The dos of detangling Type 4 hair
– Start from the ends and work your way up when getting rid of tangles
– Be patient because it’s key
– Check your ends maybe it’s time for a trim.
– Invest in a creamy detangler with slip!
The don’ts of detangling Type 4 hair
– DON’T work with large sections of hair rather you should split your hair into smaller sections!
– DON’T use a fine-toothed comb to detangle your hair girl!! No no no, use a wide-toothed comb, brush or fingers (fingers is less harsh)
– DON’T detangle without product (you can always damp your hair before you start)
Now that you have a basic knowledge let’s get into…
25 Natural Hair Detanglers That Works Wonders For Your Natural Hair!
This creamy natural hair detangler with the help of your wide tooth comb (or your fingers) glide right through the tangles.
It’s also loaded with some healthy ingredients like aloe vera juice and shea butter (of course).
This creamy natural hair detangler improves hair manageability while it smoothes your hair.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Fragrance
9. Oyin Handmade Oh My Glide!
This gives ease tangling while using his nourishing detangling spray!
You can cut your detangling time in half with since it has such a slip.
It’s packed full of nourishing oils and plant extracts including avocado oil and organic aloe vera.
10. Kinky Curly Knot Today
This natural hair detangler keeps the frizz away while the elm and marshmallow root aid in detangling like a pro without parabens, protein, or drying alcohols.
11. DevaCurl Wash Day Wonder
This is designed to be used before you cleanse your hair. It’s super slippery for easy detangling and hair strengthening.
12. Many Ethnicities Moisturizing Conditioner
This product line was designed for multi-ethnic people and their specific curl needs. It is formulated to help retain moisture in dry or brittle hair, and it provides tons of slip and strengthening ingredients.
13. Mielle Organics Detangling Co-Wash
Want to skip the pre-poo? This co-wash has you covered. Specifically formulated for easy detangling before you condition, this product gets the job done quickly while cleansing your scalp.
14. Curly Hair Solutions Slip 30-Second Detangler
The name says it all. It allows you to comb through tangles quickly, and it comes in a convenient spray bottle for easy application.
15. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler
Glycerin, coconut oil, elm and marshmallow extract make this detangler the ultimate go-to for loosening what seems like an impossible hair knot.
16. DevaCurl No-Comb Detangling Spray
Quaternium-80, a compound made from coconut oil, water and other conditioning agents making it a holy grail for many curlies and wavies. It is a beast at combatting frizz and tangles. Your hair is left with shine, softness and defined curls, coils and waves.
17. Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Knot on My Watch
Have no fear! Your hair has its own personal Super Hero, guarding against tangles, knots, and unruly, tresses! With the power of its “silky slip,” Knot On My Watch helps the comb glide through hard-to-manage hair, leaving it tangle-free and protected from breakage while restoring a healthy moisture balance.
18. Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Leave-in Treatment
Coconut water and natural oils are combined in this leave-in treatment to deeply condition your hair. It also includes the heavy hitter flax seed oil, which is packed with omega-3 fatty acids to help keep your hair as healthy as it can be.
19. Soultanicals Knot Sauce Coil Detangler
This coil detangler is nourishing and packed with oils, marshmallow root and slippery elm for slip, and aloe juice for its humectant properties.
The flaxseed gel provides curl definition with a light hold, making it a great primer for your styling product.
20.Creme of Nature Pure Honey Know-Away Leave-in Detangler
This product instantly detangles and remove knots.
It is infused with Pure Honey, Certified Natural Coconut Oil and Shea Butter to restore moisture and repair split ends.
22. SheaMoisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free Leave-in Detangler
This is infused with fast-absorbing Baobab and Tea Tree Oils and enriched with certified organic Shea Butter for a perfect balance of nourishing hydration and shine.
Refreshing Spearmint invigorates the scalp for a stimulating experience, while Clay Sage gives hair a silky shine.
23. Alikay Knots Be Gone Hair Detangler
Scented with calming jasmine, this botanical infused blend gives your hair slip and moisture for easy manipulation to loosen stubborn tangles and knots, by reducing tension on hair during detangling which causes less breakage and hair loss. This lightweight formula will not weigh your hair down. Also works great for babies and kids!
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera Juice) , (Marshmallow) Althaea officinalis Root Powder, Hibiscus (Flower) rosa-sinensis extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Natural Detangling Agent), Vegetable Glycerin , Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) , Botanical Blend.
24. Sweet Milk Detangling Leave-in by Brown Butter Beauty
25. Curl Girl Unwind Thermal Protector & Detangling Mist
This detangler leaves your hair so soft and defined, where sometimes I don’t even have to use a leave-in conditioner.
There you have it, 25 Natural Hair Detangler That Works Wonders For Your Natural Hair!
Pick one natural hair detangler you want to try!
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- 11 How To Style Transitioning Hair After Washing Tutorials You Need To Try!
- Free Transitioning to Natural Planner & Diary
- 13 Trendy transitioning hairstyles for short hair
- Why Is My Hair Frizzy All Of A Sudden? 12 Ways To Stop It Now!