Last Updated on September 10, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Looking for the best hot oil treatment natural hair 4c guide? Today I am sharing with you how to do a hot oil treatment on 4c hair with some of the best tips and tricks for your natural 4c hair.
The Best Hot Oil Treatment Natural Hair 4C Guide
Learning how to do an hot oil treatment on natural hair may look easy but you need the right knowledge in order to get the best result!
What is hot oil treatment for hair?
Typically done once a week or once every two weeks, hot oil treatment for hair is a treatment where you place hot oil throughout your hair.
You can use a variety of different oils for this such as avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, or even one of our hair oil products.
Best Hot Oil Treatment For 4C Natural Hair
When it comes to protecting and nourishing very dry, brittle hair, hot oil treatments are a popular option.
Made from plant-based oils, like olive, almond, and coconut, hot oil treatments work by sealing the hair cuticle. This can help to strengthen and protect your hair.
There are several options for getting a hot oil treatment. You can choose to go to a salon. Or, if you’re looking for a more affordable option, you can try a do-it-yourself (DIY) hot oil treatment at home. You can also buy a ready-made hot oil product.
However, before you use a hot oil treatment on your hair, be sure it’s right for your type of hair, and that you understand the safety risks.
How To Do A Hot Oil Treatment On 4C Hair
Let’s have a look at some potential benefits of hot oil treatments:
- increased hair strength
- reduced dryness of both the scalp and hair
- help with dandruff relief
- reduced frizz
- fewer split ends
- increased blood flow in the scalp, which may help promote healthier hair
How To Do An Hot Oil Treatment On Natural Hair
follow these easy steps for a DIY hot oil treatment.
- First of all, wash your hair. Hot oil tends to work best on clean hair. This allows the oil to deeply penetrate the hair cuticle.
- Once you’ve washed your natural hair, microwave 3 to 6 tablespoons of the oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 seconds.
- Before applying the oil of your choice to your damp hair and scalp, test a small amount of the oil on your wrist to make sure it’s not too hot.
- To protect your clothing, place a towel over your shoulders. If you prefer, you can apply the oil in the shower.
- Run a brush through your hair to get rid of any knots.
- Apply the oil evenly throughout your hair and massage it into your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and wait up to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, completely rinse out the oil from your hair, and follow up with your normal conditioner.
Hot Oil Treatment For Natural 4C Hair
Hot oil hair treatments and other hair mask products are not just for the colder months.
you can benefit from a hot hair oil treatment all year round and they are great for any hair type!
Hot oil treatments act like a spa for your tresses, helping to strengthen each hair follicle and prevent dry, brittle hair and split ends.
This oil treatments are very useful for helping to stimulate blood flow, as well as helping with hair growth. Hot oil treatments for our hair provide many benefits to help deal with common hair care and styling issues such as:
- Dry scalp
- Moisture loss
How To Hot Oil Treatment For Natural Hair At Home
Making a hot oil treatment for your natural hair at home is fairly easy. Warm up an oil (or several oils of your choice) in a microwaveable dish.
If you’d like to make your treatment more soothing, you can add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. This oil will give your fresh scalp a tingly and cooling sensation that’s calming too.
On wet hair, apply the oil from root to ends, then massage into your scalp. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the mixture in your hair for about 10 to 20 minutes. Tip: Be sure you place a towel at the back of your neck to soak up any drippage! Store your hot oil mix in a jar for later use.
Hot Oil Treatment On 4C Natural Hair
→ Products Mentioned ←
- Applicator Bottle
- Chosen Foods- Chosen Blends Organic Safflower Oil, Avocado Oil and Coconut Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Vanity Planet Rejuvenating Scalp Massager
What are the benefits of hot oil treatment for hair?
There are many benefits of hot oil treatment that can be great for all different hair types. Some of the main hot oil treatment benefits are:
- Moisturizes your hair that is dry and brittle
- Helps with dry scalp and dandruff if you are experiencing it
- Can help increase the blood circulation in your scalp
- Strengthens your natural hair
- Adds shine into your hair
- Helps prevent split ends and frizz
1. Moisturize Brittle and Dry Hair
Thick, curly natural hair is prone to dryness, and no one wants brittle and dry hair in any season!
So, anything we can do to our hair to moisturize it is a plus. It’s best to do a hot oil hair treatment every week or every two weeks, depending on your preference.
Hot oil treatments helps deposit oil back into your hair and prevent the dryness that can contribute to breakage. By adding a DIY hot oil treatment to your weekly routine can also help repair damaged hair.
2. Helps With Dry Scalp and Dandruff
Many natural ladies struggle with dry scalp and dandruff. Doing a hot oil treatment before you shampoo your hair can help prevent dandruff. Our Mint Almond Oil is infused with peppermint oil, which is perfect for helping dry scalp and dandruff.
Peppermint oil also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
How? It helps to soothe itchy scalp and keep dandruff at bay. Peppermint oil also helps to absorb excess oils on the scalp and promote hair growth.Each hair strand will become stronger and shinier after each hair treatment.
3. Increase Blood Circulation to Your Scalp
There is nothing like a good scalp massage, and with hot oil treatments, you are going an extra mile to help stimulate blood flow to your scalp. Massaging the oil into your scalp after applying it to your clean hair helps to invigorate growth and help increase blood circulation.
4. Strengthens and Adds Shine To Your Hair
After practicing hot oil treatments over time, you will begin to see the changes in your hair. Your hair will look and feel healthier, and you will notice more shine in your tresses.
5. Prevent Split Ends and Frizz
Do you feel like your hair is not growing? Hot oil treatments can help prevent frizz without weighing your natural hair down. They also help to seal the ends of your hair, which in turn prevents split ends
Essentially this treatment is used to help treat dry and damaged hair from within, but it can be used as a preventative care method too. This method works so well because your hair can absorb the nutrients of the oil better when it’s heated. Read on as we give you some tips on using a hot oil treatment and how you can make one at home:
There you have it, The Best Hot Oil Treatment Natural Hair 4C Guide
What’s your favorite oil for hot oil treatment?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!