Last Updated on September 11, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome you to my Natural hair Blog! Here I share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all, we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me, and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, I have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain our hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till I finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
Will ginger and onion juice for hair growth work? That’s an interesting question. As Iwas scrolling through the web I came across some videos suggesting that we apply ginger and onion juice for hair growth!
What are some benefits of using ginger and onion juice for hair growth?
- 1 The Mystery Of Ginger And Onion Juice For Hair Growth!
- 1.1 How onion juice helps hair growth?
- 1.2 Different ways to apply onion and ginger juice to your hair for effective hair growth:
- 1.3 How ginger juice helps hair growth?
- 1.4 Onion Juice For Hair Growth Recipies
- 1.5 Ginger For Hair Growth
- 1.6 Ginger Helps Promote Hair Growth
- 1.7 Helps with Dandruff
- 1.8 Conditions the Hair
- 1.9 Helps Prevent Split Ends
- 1.10 Can you leave ginger in your hair?
- 1.11 Few more Ways To Use Ginger to Maintain your Natural Hair Health
The Mystery Of Ginger And Onion Juice For Hair Growth!
So What is this mystery about ginger and onion juice for hair growth work that I am talking about? Have a seat sis, let’s get into the basics, What do onion and ginger do for your hair (not only tho), we are checking that right now!
How onion juice helps hair growth?
If you are experiencing hair fall you can use onion juice to nourish your scalp with sulfur that will promote hair growth.
Onions have potent anti-bacterial properties and help fight infections of the scalp which indirectly helps reduce hair fall as scalp infections can cause massive loss of hair.
Oh yes, Ginger and Onion are effective in stimulating hair growth
Different ways to apply onion and ginger juice to your hair for effective hair growth:
When it comes to combining both worlds here are few ways you can get the best out of onions and ginger in order to promote hair growth:
Mix Both Juices
You can mix the juices of ginger and onion and apply it on your scalp with gentle massage for 2–3 minutes.
Then wash it off with mild shampoo and continue your hair routine.
Add pieces of Onion and ginger
You can also add pieces of onions and ginger in your hair oil and heat well before applying.
How ginger juice helps hair growth?
When it comes to ginger, it contains gingerol, which helps to fight free radical. Did you know that you need to keep them away as these can damage hair cells, and cause hair thinning and hair loss? Yeah, ginger helps with that!
Since it’s acidic in nature and contains loads of antioxidant it can also work as an anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory assistant.
Can I mix both juices?
- Some people use it separately and don’t mix both juices as onion specific properties and ginger has other properties so better if you apply it separately and you can use garlic cloves in these juices separately it will increase antibacterial properties and helps to treat hair fall
- You can mix them also it will not harm your hair and give effect in 2–3 months if used regularly with patience
Using onion juice is a sure-shot method for boosting hair growth and promoting hair regrowth.
Onion juice for hair growth has received great reviews online from users with noticeable before and after results. Here are some possible reasons behind what makes this ingredient so effective:
- Onion juice helps improve hair growth by boosting the level of an antioxidant enzyme catalase. This enzyme helps decompose hydrogen peroxide, optimizing the hair growth cycle.
- It helps nourish your hair follicles with its rich content of sulfur. Sulfur is essential for the regeneration of your hair follicles.
- The rich sulfur content also helps minimize hair thinning and breakage.
- The antioxidants help reverse premature graying and delay graying.
- Onion’s rich antibacterial properties help keep your scalp healthy and free of infection, promoting unhindered hair growth. These same properties also help control dandruff.
- Onion juice stimulates your scalp and improves the circulation of blood, resulting in it follicles that are well-nourished.
Onion Juice For Hair Growth Recipies
You Will Need
- 1 tbsp Onion Juice
- Cotton Pad
15 minutes – 1 hour
- Saturate a cotton pad with the onion juice.
- Use the saturated cotton pad to dab your scalp with the onion juice.
- Once your entire scalp is covered, massage your scalp for a couple of minutes.
- Leave the juice on for about 15 minutes to an hour.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
On alternate days.
Why This Works
Onion juice helps stimulate your scalp while nourishing it and boosting blood circulation. It will help tackle any scalp issues while also ensuring that your hair grows faster and thicker.
Ginger For Hair Growth
The warming and stimulating effects of ginger work to increase your scalp circulation and encourage healthy hair growth.
Ginger contains antioxidant gingerol, which helps to fight free radical – you got to keep them away as these can damage hair cells, and cause hair thinning and hair loss.
Ginger is also a great hair conditioner which means it’s rich in minerals and essential oils, it makes hair more manageable, softer and shinier.
Besides, ginger is a useful remedy for dandruff and dry, itchy scalp. It contains natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help keep scalp healthy and clean.
Ginger Helps Promote Hair Growth
Ginger helps stimulate the hair follicles which in turn promotes hair growth.
It also makes the hair silky and increases shine. The many vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids in ginger also contribute to strengthening your hair strands to combat hair loss.
Ginger also helps to stimulate healthy and lustrous hair, and it also contributes to restoring moisture loss. A good hair care tip is to make a hair mask by grating some ginger root and mixing it with one spoon of Mint Almond Oil.
Massage the mixture onto your scalp in a circular motion. Leave on your hair for about 45 minutes to an hour. Then rinse it with a Sulfate-Free Shampoo.
Helps with Dandruff
Do you suffer from dry scalp and dandruff? Ginger has antiseptic properties that help to reduce scalp infections and dandruff. You can add ginger to your shampoo, and massage into your scalp for the best results.
Conditions the Hair
Ginger provides some natural conditioning benefits to help improve the look and feel of your hair.
The unique oils in ginger double as potent antioxidants that also help protect your hair against damage.
Helps Prevent Split Ends
If you suffer from split ends, try ginger for a remedy. To help fight split ends you can use fresh ground ginger in a spray bottle with water before washing your hair.
You can even add ginger to your favorite leave-in conditioner. It gives you a bonus because it will help with detangling your hair.
Can you leave ginger in your hair?
Few more Ways To Use Ginger to Maintain your Natural Hair Health
Use ginger for hair re-growth:
- Mix one tablespoon of ginger paste with a carrier oil that you like – coconut, almond, olive oil etc.
- Now spread the mixture on your hair and scalp like you would a hair mask, and massage as long as you can to improve blood circulation.
- Leave it on for thirty minutes and rinse with your Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo.
Ginger for dandruff:
- You’re going to need two tablespoons of grated ginger, one tablespoon of sesame oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix well and use as a hair mask.
- Leave it on for thirty minutes and rinse off with shampoo.
- Use twice a week to see results.
Ginger for hair loss and general hair maintenance:
This is particularly useful if you’re super lazy.
- All you need to do is grate ginger and mix it with enough water till you reach a comfortable consistency.
- Section your hair and spread it on your hair and scalp and let it sit for about an hour.
- Do this often so your scalp gets to absorb the goodness that ginger comes loaded with.
- You should see a visible difference in hair loss in about six to eight weeks of regular use.
- But even if hair loss isn’t an issue, this is a great way to care for your hair and prevent any breakage, dryness or the barrage of other causes that might inflict it otherwise.
There you have it, The Mystery Of Ginger And Onion Juice For Hair Growth!
Have you tried a Ginger and onion juice mix on your hair before?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How To Take Care Of Short Natural Hair With Swag!
- How To Moisturize And Seal Natural Hair For Real!
- How To Do A Silk Wrap On Natural Hair
- 13 Breathtaking Natural Hair Updos For Weddings
- How To Style Natural Hair After Washing Like A Pro!
- The Ultimate Cornrows For Natural Hair Growth Guide!
- 25 Breathtaking Natural Hair Youtube gurus You Need To Check!