Last Updated on September 11, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome you to my Natural hair Blog! Here I share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all, we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me, and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, I have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain our hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till I finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
Do you have fine low porosity hair? Then today’s post is dedicated to you! We are talking all about fine low porosity hair and how you can learn to better care for your fine low porosity hair!
- 1 7 Fine Low Porosity Hair Tips For Awesome Hair Days!
- 1.1 1. Look For the Right Products
- 1.2 2. Less Manipulation Manipulation
- 1.3 3. Learn how to Moisturize Daily
- 1.4 4. Blot, Don’t Rub Your Hair Dry
- 1.5 5. Try some Heat!
- 1.6 6. Oils Matter
- 1.7 7. Last note on Picking the right products for Fine, Low-Porosity Hair (Protein, moisturizing ingredients and products)
- 1.8 Lightweight Moisturizing Ingredients
- 1.9 TRUE BY MADE BEAUTIFUL CO-WASH CLEANSING CONDITIONER
- 1.10 MIELLE ORGANICS BABASSU OIL MINT DEEP CONDITIONER
- 1.11 MIELLE ORGANICS MOISTURIZING AVOCADO HAIR MILK
7 Fine Low Porosity Hair Tips For Awesome Hair Days!
fine low porosity strands are can be very thin and prone to break and snap with too much protein. Let’s not forget buildup and frizz and difficulty to accept moisture.
Today we are looking into tips to help you in your quest to discover the best method and way to care better for your fine low porosity hair!
1. Look For the Right Products
Since your hair is prone to buildup, you’ll want to avoid products that load the hair up ( Cantu Butter or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie could be heavy for you).
These type of products can weight down your curls too much to the point where they break off.
So here is what you do, You don’t want your moisturizer to be too light because your hair will just frizz up and have zero definition.
- Aussie 3 Minute Moisture,
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle,
- As I Am Leave in Conditioner and
- Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Hair Milk.
Will work great because they are moderately light.
They are heavy enough to keep down the frizz but light enough to keep buildup to the minimum.
You should Look for a product that works for you and don’t be scared to mess around with a bunch of different things!
2. Less Manipulation Manipulation
You need to learn how to reduce manipulation. Try to modify your regimen to include as little styling and detangling as possible.
Ladies with fine low porosity cannot have their hair in protective styles for more than 2-3 days a week.
You also have to carefully make sure to moisturize your hair every day as gently as possible.
At night you can take your hair down from your simple style like a bun and moisturize gently.
Proceed with pineapple styled hair for the night etc.
3. Learn how to Moisturize Daily
Since our hair type is prone to dryness, no matter what moisturizer you use you will notice its dry the next day.
So try to moisturize your hair every single day.
4. Blot, Don’t Rub Your Hair Dry
Do not rub your hair with your t-shirt or towel to dry it.
Blot it dry section by section. If you rub your hair, you will inadvertently cause a bunch of frizz, even if you are using 100% cotton.
Blot your hair gently and you will notice more definition in your curls.
5. Try some Heat!
If you have a lot of trouble getting moisture into your hair, always try to incorporate more heat into your regimen.
You could invest in a steam cap that you can stick in the microwave then pop on your head while you deep condition, or that you could put a plastic cap on every day for 10 minutes after moisturizing your hair, or you could sick your conditioner or oil mixture in the microwave for a few seconds before applying it, or you can use warm/hot water for your LOC (or variations) method.
6. Oils Matter
So most people have pretty binary thinking when it comes to oils.
There’s either oils or butters. And the general advice for low porosity queens is generally to avoid butters.
While that’s true, we need to understand that there is a great variance of oils and their uses and you need to know what your hair likes.
7. Last note on Picking the right products for Fine, Low-Porosity Hair (Protein, moisturizing ingredients and products)
Low porosity hair is more sensitive to protein, so choosing stylers that contain less protein is helpful.
Lightweight Moisturizing Ingredients
- Glycerine – byproduct of the soap making process. Very lightweight and moisturizing!
- Ceramide – lipids that fill the gaps in the outer hair cuticle.
- Jojoba Oil – is less heavy that other oils as it closely resembles the sebum in our hair and skin. It should be okay for low porosity hair when combined with other ingredients, but I wouldn’t recommend using it by itself.
- Panthenol – a form of vitamin B5, used as a moisturizer and lubricating compound
- Synonyms – D-PANTOTHENYL ALCOHOL; DEXPANTHENOL; DL-PANTOTHENYL ALCOHOL; PANTHENOL , DL-FORM; PANTOTHENOL; PANTOTHENYL ALCOHOL; PROVITAMIN B5; (+-) -PANTOTHENYL ALCOHOL; ALCOOL DL-PANTOTENILICO (ITALIAN) ; DL-PANTOTHENYL ALCOHOL; PANTENOL
- Plant Extracts – all lightweight ingredients that provide nutrients for your hair and scalp. Extracts like aloe leaf, chamomile, ginseng, nettle, rosemary, sage, marigold, willow bark, nettle, melissa, and sunflower are all examples.
- Avocado Butter – a lighter-weight butter that has moisture sealing properties that help keep the hair softer for longer. Avocado butter is also a high-quality emollient that has antioxidant properties.
- Murumuru Butter – a very light butter. It is rich in omegas, and it helps to soften the hair, promote elasticity, add shine, control frizz and define curls.
TRUE BY MADE BEAUTIFUL CO-WASH CLEANSING CONDITIONER
This conditioner lathers and cleanses without stripping your hair.
It even conditions, because you can finger detangle once you’ve got a good lather going.
It will leave your hair feeling clean and conditioned at the same time although it does contain coconut oil for anyone who is sensitive to it.
MIELLE ORGANICS BABASSU OIL MINT DEEP CONDITIONER
This has been my go-to deep conditioner for a minute. It’s not a thick conditioner, so I usually get a few uses out of an 8-oz container.
For some reason, the thicker the conditioner, the more I use…Anywho, I use this conditioner with heat.
It’s super moisturizing and it makes my hair crazy easy to detangle. And it has protein, of which I’m generally a fan. Plus, the scent is amazing. It’s like having a cup of mint tea in with you the shower.
The scent is one of my favorite parts. It’s not overpowering at all. It’s pleasant and relaxing. This conditioner is about $14 at Sally’s, and is now available in some Targets.
MIELLE ORGANICS MOISTURIZING AVOCADO HAIR MILK
The moisture from this hair milk lasts for weeks. I highly recommend it. In general, it tends to mix well with different gels.
There you have it, 7 Fine Low Porosity Hair Tips For Awesome Hair Days!
Whats your biggest fine low porosity hair struggle?
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- How Often Should You Moisturize Low Porosity Hair?
- The Simplified Low Porosity Hair Routine For Sassy Curls&kinks!
- 6 Wise Low Porosity Hair Growth Practices For Thriving Hair!
- Easy Diy Deep Conditioner For Low Porosity Hair
- The Ultimate Low Porosity Hair Regimen Strategy