Last Updated on September 11, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome you to my Natural hair Blog! Here I share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all, we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me, and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, I have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain our hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till I finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
What are some great essential oils recipes for black hair growth that are not super difficult to try? I was in the quest to find some of the best essential oils recipes for black hair growth so if you’re interested to keep reading!
Learning how to grow your hair with essential oils recipes for black hair growth is a smart way to give your hair some boost of growth. But what are the best options out there?
- 1 7 Awesome Essential Oils Recipes For Black Hair Growth
7 Awesome Essential Oils Recipes For Black Hair Growth
Essential oils are great to use but remember that you should only use 3 – 4 drops at a time, and they should always be diluted with a good carrier oil.
Also check with your doctor before using essential oils; pregnant or nursing women should avoid them because of their stimulating properties.
Also, peppermint oil can be skin-irritating so do a test on a small area of your inner arm before applying to your scalp.
So when we talk about essential Oils, Which oils are essential oils?
Actually there are many, but those most commonly used in natural hair care are:
- Ylang Ylang
- Jasmine and
- Cedarwood Oil
On the other hand let’s see what are some carrier oils:
These are thicker in consistency and include:
- Organic extra virgin Olive Oil
- Sweet Almond
- Almond and
Please do not use a microwave to heat oils but warm a vial of oil in a bowl of warm water instead.
Let’s have a look at some reasons your hair could not be growing.. the reasons why your hair stops growing could be one of these:
You have Unhealthy Scalp
Oil or other particles can clog the pores on your scalp. These prevent your hair from growing.
Using hair sprays and commercial shampoos can cause inflammation on the scalp. To add, not rinsing thoroughly can increase particle build-up on your scalp.
You are experiencing Hair Breakage
Human hair grows about half an inch monthly. Your hair may suffer from breakage because of bleaching, showering and brushing roughly.
Therefore, it becomes brittle and dry. It appears that your hair stops growing if continuous hair breakage is happening.
You are Aging
As you get older, your hair becomes weaker. It also sheds more often. Furthermore, oil production in your scalp slows down.
It’s in your Genes
Genetic factors determine the color, density, texture, and length of hair. Therefore, hereditary disorders can cause extreme hair fall and even baldness.
Now that you know some basic reasons your hair could be stuck at the same length lets get into the fun part with 7 great essential oils recipes for black hair growth!
Since essential oils have shown efficacy in improving hair growth, you may want to make your own recipes for hair.
Go ahead and try these essential oil recipes for natural hair growth and thinning hair:
DIY Stimulating Essential Oils for Hair Growth Recipe
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1/8 cup of coconut oil
- 1/8 cup of castor oil
- In a clean container, such as a sterilized jar, add 1/8 cup of coconut oil and 1/8 castor oil.
- Add all the essential oils.
- Shake the container gently until the oils are well-mixed.
How to Apply it:
- Before bedtime, massage the oil blend on every part of your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Place a towel on your pillow and get some sleep.
- In the morning, wash your hair thoroughly. Use an organic shampoo, if possible, to get rid of the oily feeling on your head.
You can use your blend once a week.
You can store your blend in room temperature. Make sure that you seal it tightly and away from direct sunlight.
Homemade Hair Growth Oil Recipe
You will need:
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops coconut oil
- 5 drops castor oil
- 5 drops apricot kernel oil
How to use it:
Mix all the ingredients together and shake gently.
How to Apply it:
- An hour before you take a shower, apply the mixture on your scalp.
- Rub it gently to improve circulation.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Seal the container and place it in a closed area to avoid sunlight.
DIY Nourishing Essential Oil Hair Growth Mask Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- In a bowl, whisk an egg.
- Add the coconut oil and the lemon essential oil.
- Mix well.
How to Apply it:
- Apply your hair mask on dry hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and allow it to sit for up to 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
Rosemary Oil Hair growth recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil. When it has cooled,
- add 3 drops of rosemary oil.
- Apply this mix to your scalp and then cover your head with a heated, damp towel.
- Leave on for 30 minutes, then
- wash off with a sulfate-free, paraben-free shampoo.
This treatment helps remove oil and unclog pores. You can apply it once a week.
Cedar Oil growth recipe
An excellent remedy for dandruff and, according to one long-term experimental study, for reversing alopecia areata.
- Mix 2 tbsp coconut oil with 2-3 drops of cedar oil and
- massage into scalp.
- Leave on for 1 – 2 hours, then
- wash off.
Thyme Oil recipe
Thyme oil increases blood flow to the scalp, thus rejuvenating hair follicles, and has antimicrobial properties which help alleviate dry scalp and dandruff.
- Mix 2 drops of thyme oil and 5 drops of lavender oil in 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Massage in and
- wash off after 20 minutes.
Peppermint Oil recipe
The cleansing, cooling effects of peppermint oil help to open up clogged pores and encourage the normal flow of skin oils.
- Mix 3 drops of peppermint oil and 4 drops of lavender oil in 2 tbsp warm coconut oil.
- Apply to scalp,
- leave on for 20 minutes, then
- wash off with a sulfate-free, paraben-free shampoo.
The benefit of Essential & Career Oils
Peppermint essential oil improves hair growth and keeps your hair clean.
Rosemary essential oil prevents hair loss and dandruff.
Lavender essential oil has antibacterial properties help remove buildup and dandruff on your scalp.
Lemon essential oil has antioxidants, which works on excess sebum and dandruff.
Jasmine essential oil has a relaxing smell, making it a perfect ingredient in shampoos.
Oils Are awesome!
Apricot kernel oil keeps your hair healthy and shiny. It also has antibacterial properties.
Castor oil helps in regrowing your hair and increasing circulation. It can also strengthen your hair follicles.
Coconut oil Its fatty acids are ideal for moisturizing your hair. It also fights dandruff on your scalp.
Because of their health benefits and properties, essential oils have become the favorite of many to include as part of their daily routine and natural medications.
The following are the importance of essential oils for hair growth:
- Stimulate Scalp
When applied on the scalp, essential oils can invigorate and stimulate your scalp. This promotes hair growth.
- Strengthen and Nourish Hair Follicles
Essential oils penetrate into your hair follicles, which aids hair growth. Their nourishing nutrients are helpful in strengthening your hair. Reduced hair loss results in longer and healthier hair.
- Increase Blood Circulation
Blood circulation is important for your hair to get the nutrients it needs. Increased blood circulation ensures nourished and strong hair follicles.
- Fight Inflammation
Inflammation can be a cause of hair loss. It weakens the hair follicles that can inhibit healthy hair growth. Fortunately, most essential oils have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kill Bacteria, Microbes and Fungi
Essential oils have antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. These fight germs and bacteria that can impede hair growth.
For your Safety
- Always dilute pure essential oils with any carrier oil to avoid skin irritation.
- Always perform a patch test to make sure that you are not allergic to any of it.
- Follow the exact amount mentioned in the recipes.
Using Essential oils can also improve your overall health over time.
There you have it, How Often Should You Moisturize Low Porosity Hair!
What’s upir biggest hair struggle?!
What to read next? I’ve got you, girl!
- Excellent Collection of Diy Hair Growth Oil For Black Hair Growth
- Why Mixing Oils For Natural Hair Growth Is Your Secret Weapon!
- 8 Superb Benefits Of Hot Oil Treatment For Natural Hair!
- The Ultimate Hot Oil Treatment For Natural Hair Growth Guide!
- 16 Fantastic Natural Oils for Hair Growth and Thickness!