Last Updated on September 11, 2022 by The Blessed Queens
Learn the benefits of trimming your hair and help your hair grow to great lengths! When you know the benefits of trimming your hair it’s easy to keep going.
Previously we shared some of the best cutting natural hair tips for trim hair at home
So today i will dive into the basics of trimming. Let’s start with answering some basic questions you might have had concerning trimming..
What is trimming your hair?
When should you cut your hair?
Is Trimming good for hair growth?
And while it might take a while, there are things you can do to help your hair growfaster. 1. Haircuts help. Although it seems counterintuitive, trimming your hair whilegrowing it out will actually encourage hair growth by getting rid of any damaged, broken, or split ends.
Before we just into it, Let me introduce myself if you're a newbie here!
Hi There! I am Queen, I would like to warmly welcome you to my Natural hair Blog! Here I share great information and valuable tips that will help you maintain your natural hair, after all, we all want a beautiful crown, right?! :)
I made a special page for you all (my lovely queens!) with helpful resources like coupon codes, discounts and products that will help you and me in our hair journey! I'll also be sharing different Best Selling Products for natural hair as i discover them!
I think we can learn to embrace and have fun taking care of our hair, so join me and let's do it together(Join My Exclusive Facebook Group to get instant access to me, and let's build a community beyond hair)!
Lastly, I have a gift for you! We've all been there, The struggle to grow and maintain our hair Long! Ugh, i know trust me! My hair was stuck at shoulder-length for the longest till I finally passed it :) Now my hair is all the way to my bra strap!
I made this to help a sista out! You can get your free Natural hair cheat sheet guide to longer hair here!
Quick Tip❤️--> If you are experiencing lots of breakage or shedding... maybe you need to solve it from the inside out! I Remember I experienced shedding and breakage and when i strategically started taking specific vitamins it stopped (well, this supplement makes things soooo much easier instead of taking 5 vitamins a day, haha!). Or you can try this hair formula which i think targets more hair problems. I helped me and I hope this tip helps you dear .
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue!
How often do you trim your natural hair?
Is it healthy to cut your hair?
How often should you cut your hair when trying to grow it?
Myths about split ends
- Hair care treatments can repair split ends: You cannot ever cure split ends with any hair treatment. You just need to get them trimmed off and maintain your hair thereafter to prevent further splitting.The sooner the better is the funda when it comes to trimming split ends.
- Trimming split ends doesn’t make your hair grow faster at all! Trimming helps in improving the health of your hair and yes it promotes hair growth as well.Do you ask how? Cutting off the split ends help hair from further splitting and thus the health of your hair is maintained. As a result it grows longer and stronger. Got it now?
12 Benefits of trimming your hair
Benefits Of A Trim or Cut:
- Always Fresh: If you have short hair or a specific haircut, this benefits of trimming your hair is for you! regular haircuts will assist in keeping your look fresh and vitalized
- Damage Control: By getting a haircut once every six to eight weeks, you’ll minimize the damage done by progressive split ends and your hair will maintain a healthy and vibrant shine that otherwise would be dimmed by damaged ends
- Frizzed Out: I Love this benefits of trimming your hair, When taking too much time between haircuts, you run the risk of hair looking and feeling more frazzled and frizzy
- Boost of Growth: By getting your hair cut once every few weeks, you make room for and promote healthy growth of your lovely locks
- Hair on the ends thins out (which is normal) making the overall appearance of hair look thin and dry. Your hair looks shinier and healthier without the dead ends.
- You will prevent single strand knots which is a natural occurrence for Afro-textured hair. It can certainly be helped with trimming on a regular basis.
- Prevent those dreaded dead hairballs. That is just dead hair hanging out on your split ends. Because the ends are frayed like a broom the dead hair gets caught up and forms a ball making detangling your hair more difficult.
- The best benefits of trimming your hair on a regular basis is that it makes detangling a breeze! Literally, it can and will cut your detangling time down at least by half.
- Less Breakage – Getting rid of the split ends will cause a reduction in hair breakage
- Retain Length – Getting a trim will help you retain length due to the reduction in hair breakage and split ends. When you have split ends and don’t take care of them, the split travels up the hair shaft and stunts hair growth
- Easier Styling – This is a great benefits of trimming your hair! Detangling is much easier when your hair is even and can reduce the amount of time and stress in your detangling process
- Thicker/Fuller Look – If you don’t get a trim, the split ends will start to taper off and your hair will look thinner. Let’s benefit from this benefits of trimming your hair in order to get the best out of it!
Sign That You Need A Trim:
- Visible Split Ends – You should definitely get a trim if you can actually see your split ends
- Ends Easily Snap/Break – If you notice your ends are breaking and snapping, it’s time for a trim. Don’t confuse this with hair shedding where the hair breaks at the root
- See-through Ends – If you have wispy, feathery ends, you need to trim your hair
- Thin Hair – If your hair isn’t as full as it was before and appears thin, that’s a sign that you need a cut or shape
- Dull Ends – If yours are dull, raggedy, dry, or just plain crusty-looking, it’s time to let them go
- Your Hair Isn’t “Growing”
ways of trimming.
- Search and destroy method
This is the most commonly used method of trimming your hair. Although it is time consuming, the result is really gratifying. You will need good lighting, a mirror and a really sharp pair of scissors.
Make twists of your hair strands to make your work a bit simpler. Carefully and diligently look at the twists selecting the damaged hair and cutting it off. You wouldn’t want to cut that which is not damaged.
This is a good way to do away with only the damaged hair on your head though it will need a lot of patience. You will be sure to do away with the split ends and knots.
- Individual Twists or Braids trim
Just like search and destroy method, a sharp scissor good lighting and a mirror is a must. You need to clip your mane from the end of medium to small twists. It is advisable to have smaller twists for better trims and better results.
Unlike the search and destroy, you just cut the whole end of the twists. It is simpler and time saving.
- Straight hair trim
This can be done on either blown out hair or natural hair. Form large twists of hair with the strands on your head then trim the ends regularly.
The advantage of doing this on straightened out hair is that you will be sure to remove the shrinkage.
It also ensures that you do not cut off more than you intend to and the cut is even. Less shrinkage means easily manageable hair.
- Curls that no longer curl trim
Advisable for people whose clumps in curls but can also be done on any other hair. Sprinkle some water on your hair and run your fingers through it.
This should be done on portions of hair at a time to ensure that all the strands are catered for. As you run your fingers, the texture should all be same.
When there is a feeling of texture change, it is a clear indication that the hair is damaged. Firmly hold the damaged part and cut it off using your sharp pair of scissors. Do this repeatedly to ensure all the damaged hair is cut off and all the strands have been taken care of.
Get as much trim as needed! Your hair will thank you!
Sharing the Love! Here are 5 Articles about trimming that we loved:
- 5 Benefits of Trimming or Cutting Your Natural Hair – My Natural Sistas
- Top 5 Benefits of Trimming Your Natural Hair – Urbanbella CurlTalk
- Top 5 Benefits of Trimming Your Natural Hair
- 4 Signs Your Hair Needs A Trim
- THE LINK BETWEEN TRIMMING NATURAL HAIR AND HAIR GROWTH
Don’t forget to SHARE THIS POST!